When the Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss ($20.00) shades arrived I shared swatches of a few of them on my Instagram stories and even on my other social media. They’re just so comfortable and beautiful and…. okay let’s just wait until the review portion of this post…
what is it
The Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss shades are said to be “an ultra-shiny lip gloss that glides on cushiony-soft and provides long-lasting wear that’s comfortable, not tacky”. A gloss deemed to be both “comfy” and “sexy” at the same time they’re formulated with Vitamin E & peppermint oil leaving lips feeling nourished and creating the appearance of a fuller lip.
From brights to neutrals 20 shades are available in 3 finishes:
high shine finish
- 1993 (medium brown)
- Backtalk (mauve nude pink)
- Candy Flip (holographic lavender w/ blue pink sparkle)
- Fireball (holographic peach w/ pink sparkle)
- Fuel (light neutral nude)
- Jawbreaker (classic purple)
- Rapture (rose mauve)
- Snapped (holographic deep plum w/ blue shimmer)
- Snitch (bright coral)
- SPL (holographic candy pink w/ iridescent sparkle)
- Big Bang (metallic hot pink sparkle)
- Dirty Talk (metallic burgundy w/ pink shimmer)
- Goldmine (metallic bright gold)
- Shadowheart (chocolate brown w/ gold sparkle)
- Naked (nude pink w/ pearly pink shift)
- Obsessed (baby pink)
Obviously I completely love Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss. I’ve been using them since they arrived and while for the most part they’re semi-sheer they are truly comfortable, nourishing and do give the appearance of a fuller lip. Even the shades that look so intimidating in the tube look amazing when worn. They’re perfect for wearing alone, layering or amping up a dried out lip color after a long days wear.
Personally I don’t find them to be sticky feeling at all and the shimmers do not feel gritty to me. Wear time was around 3 hours or so if I wasn’t eating or drinking anything too major. Super shiny without that thick gloopy feeling. UD you’ve done it again and created something that if you ever discontinue it I’d probably die a little inside.
Every shade of the Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss is swatched below on dry, bare skin (no primers):