*Press Sample/Affiliate Links
Before we get into the look and swatches, let’s talk about the palette itself.
Colourpop Lust for Dusk is comprised of 16 eye shadow shades featuring mauves, taupes, chocolate browns, peaches, and terracotta in a nice mix of matte, sparkle, and metallic finishes. Basically, this palette is supposed to give off those “dreamy sunset ’til dusk” vibe. For me, it’s that Fall-to-Transition vibe that always has me screaming “take my money!”
I’m a fan of Colourpop’s eyeshadow formula, particularly their mattes, and Lust for Dusk is no exception. This is one of me new, favorite, grungy-neutral palettes. It’s affordable, blends well, is pigmented, and is clearly well worth the price tag.
The Colourpop Lust for Dusk Eyeshadow Palette is swatched below dry and on bare skin (no primers) using a sponge-tipped applicator. The photo was taken during the day, in direct sunlight.
Get the Look:
In the look below I initially thought I’d do this super-smokey, bronzey-but-grungy, out of my comfort zone type of look. It turned out to be the type of look I usually wear day-to-day LMFAO. Ah, well. It’s still a love and that’s what matters, right?!
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune
- Colourpop Lust for Dusk Palette: Hot Glam (all over lid almost up to brow bone & under lower lash line), Shaken (all over lid), Eventide (outer corner), Sunset Chaser (inner corner & as a cheek highlight), Wild Sky (to blend out all of Hot Glam)
- Colourpop BFF Liquid Liner in Grande
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Hustle
- Fenty Beauty Full Frontal Mascara in Cuz I’m Black
- Covergirl Ultrafine Brow Pencil in Honey Brown
- Benefit High Brow in Universal
- BDB Brow Gel in Clear
I think next time I’m 100% going to dip into Take the Lead. It’s got such a beautiful indigo undertone to it. It will be fun to play around with and really get out of my comfort zone (maybe 😉 ).