My February 2019 Boxycharm has arrived and it’s all about that “Afterglow” life that we all currently crave here in the beauty world!
what is boxycharm
Boxycharm is a monthly beauty subscription box filled with 5-6 luxury items, 4 of which will always be full-sized. The monthly cost of Boxycharm is $21 but if you subscribe for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months you’ll receive a slight discount on the monthly boxes (down to $19.25). Renewals are automatic but you can cancel at any time.
Each Boxycharm box has a minimum value of $100 and you’ll receive anything from makeup to skincare to beauty tools. With some products shades can vary though with other products all boxes will have them included.
To find out how to best use the products received in the monthly box you can check out tutorials and looks shared by the “Charmer” community on social media.
Members are treated to exclusive offers from the best brands in beauty. You’ll also be eligible to win free products through giveaways and receive reward points which are redeemable in the Boxycharm Charm Shop.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($24.00). To say this is a cult-fave would be putting it mildly! This mascara is said to separate, coat and curl each last to “voluptuous perfection”.
Everyone will receive this product.
Pretty Vulgar Shimmering Swan Highlighter ($32.00). I owe all of my fave Pretty Vulgar products to Boxycharm! I received the shade Glimmers of BS (which maybe my favorite name ever).
This highlighter is said to be “unique” and “velvety smooth”. You’ll get the “perfect amount of brightness” with the glow-loving, light reflecting and pearlescent pigments.
Everyone will receive this product or one of the Pretty Vulgar Bronzed-B Bronzer. Shades vary.
Touch In Sol No Poreblem Primer ($18.00). This primer is said to create a seamless canvas for your foundation. The light, silky texture “blurs pores and wrinkles, giving your skin a soft velvet feel”. It’s infused with green tea and collagen which act as adhesives, holding on to makeup for “many hours of flawlessness”.
I’m a little bit loyal to my current primers but the reviews on this are so good I’m excited to give it a go!
Everyone will receive this product.
Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser ($22.00). This product is to soothe and hydrate your skin while lifting off dirt, excess oil, impurities, grime and makeup. This cleanser is made for daily use, even with sensitive skin.
The size received is 3.4 oz. whereas the full size is listed as being 5 oz.
Of everything I received in this months box I’m the MOST excited to try this out. I’ve been loving the Farmacy products I’ve used in the past and I had my eye on this one to try. If I love it enough to keep buying and using I’ll do a full blog post on it!
Trestique Prime + Glaze Lip Crayon ($25.00). The shade I received is English Rose.
This is a two-in-one lip duo with a lip smoothing primer on one end and a shiny color glaze on the other. I’m loving the “gimmick” behind this and the color looks beautiful. Because it is a darker shade I’m hoping it stays on but none-the-less I’m excited to try it out!
Was the box worth the money? YES!
Most everyone LOVES that Too Faced Mascara and for me personally I’ve been dying to try out the Farmacy cleanser. I think I’ll also end up enjoying the lip product from Trestique and the primer from Touch In Sol.
My only disappointment is the highlighter. I LOVE Pretty Vulgar in general but I’m not a highlighter girl. I have a few I like but more often than not I don’t use them and I’m trying to pare down. Now, if I’d have gotten the bronzer? LOOK OUT. Bronzer and blush I’ll probably never stop collecting!
Overall I’m still loving that this box continues to contain products from highly trending brands as well as products I’ll get use out of.
You can still sign up for the February Boxycharm here. HURRY, supplies are limited. (Please note, there is a chance you won’t get the same box as me, as most of the products are variation items).
All of the products listed above are FULL SIZE (except if noted otherwise).
For reference – my box is VERSION 3.
The retail value of the entire February 2019 Boxycharm? $121.00! This boxes’ retail value is a bit higher than last month’s box and I also think I’ll get more use out of the products included. IMO that retail value is well worth the $21 investment.
Watch the video below for the live unboxing!
- Touch In Sol is offering 25% off site wide at touchinsol-us.com. Use code: BxTiS (ends 3/7/2019).
- Too Faced is offering 25% off at toofaced.com. Use code: BOXYFEB (ends 2/28/2019, some exclusions).
- Pretty Vulgar is offering 20% off site wide on prettyvulgar.com. Use code: PVWEBBOXY20 (ends 3/7/2019).
- Farmacy is offering 20% off site wide on farmacybeauty.com. Use code: BOXY20 (ends 3/7/2019).
- Sol de Janeiro is offering 20% off at soldejaneiro.com. Use code: BOXYCOCO (ends 3/15/2019, some exclusions).
- Tula is offering 20% off at tula.com. Use code: BOXYCHARM20 to redeem (ends 3/15/2019, some exclusions).
- Trestique is offering $15 off at trestique.com. Use code: BOXY15 to redeem (ends 3/7/2019, some exclusions).
- Nudestix is offering 15% off site wide at nudestix.com. Use code: BOXY15 to redeem (ends 3/7/20197).
Buy Boxycharm now at boxycharm.com! Currently there are limited February boxes still available but if they do happen to run out you’ll automatically be ready for next month! See inside last month’s Boxycharm!
DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE SPOILERS OF THE UPCOMING MARCH 2019 BOXYLUXE!
This is a new section I’m adding to my blog posts. As more spoilers are released I’ll either update this list or add them in with my next unboxing post.
Boxyluxe is a quarterly upgrade where you pay another $28.99 (on top of your $21) to get over $300 worth of beauty. So far, IMO, past boxes have been well worth it.
For March (which is the next Boxyluxe that is coming out) six spoilers have been revealed.
- Morphe Eyeshadow Palette. Each Boxyluxe will receive 1 of 4 Morphe Eyeshadow Palettes – 15H, 15D, 15N, 15B. Retail value: $16.00.
- IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream. Each Boxyluxe will receive this product. Retail value: $48.00.
- CoverFX All-in-One Perfector Face Palette. Each Boxyluxe will receive either Light/Medium or Medium/Deep. Retail value $45.00 (exclusive & LE).
- Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Color. Shades will be either Modern Love or Oh, Donna. Retail value $20.00.
- Lilly Lashes. Retail value $29.99.
- Iconic London Sculpt & Boost Eyebrow Cushion. Retail value $40.00.
I’ve gotten several emails so far to get on the upgrade list but based off of the spoilers I’m not going to be upgrading.
The CoverFX palette is really the only thing I’m interested in having and from what I’ve seen around the spoiler world it’s looking like it will also be in the regular boxes. I’m hoping that the Boxyluxe that releases over the Summer (they’re every 3 months) will be more up my alley.
What are you thinking about the upcoming Boxyluxe?? Would you upgrade?