[button link=”#” target=”_blank” color=”default” shape=”rounded” size=”small”]Press Sample/Affiliate Links[/button]
If you’ve ever wanted to amp up your eyeliner game or do that glam cut-crease look that you see all over Instagram and Youtube then you’ve probably heard to Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner, which seems to be the influencer go-to for this type of look.
what is it
Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner is a “buildable, water-based liner that contains superfine glitter in a clear base”. Right now there are 13 shades available and 11 are featured in this post. Swatches of Amp and Junk Show can be found in this post.
- ACDC (bright purple glitter)
- AMP (light blue w/ iridescent glitter)
- Catcall (pink glitter)
- Distortion (iridescent glitter)
- Gamma Ray (bright blue and silver glitter)
- Glamrock (silver glitter)
- Grind (light pink iridescent glitter)
- Junkshow (bright pink w/ iridescent glitter)
- Midnight Cowboy (beige glitter)
- Punk Rock (iridescent brown glitter)
- Pyro (iridescent and silver glitter)
- Spandex (deep blue-black w/ iridescent glitter)
- Stix and Bones (iridescent maroon glitter) LIMITED EDITION
While these are just glitter in a clear base the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners are truly buildable and impressively reflective. If you want no-fuss then definitely layer them over a dark liner shade. Most people prefer black but you could do navy, brown or really any coordinating shade to the glitter. To build them up apply a coat, give it time to set and then layer another. The thin-tipped brush allows for precision when you apply but if you’d like to really get a good coat of glitter you can take out the wiper on the bottle (aka the stopper) and apply with your finger.
For me I find that the glitter is easy to use and lasts all day long. I have sensitive eyes and I also wear contact lenses but have no issues with irritation when I wear this product.
Each shade is swatched below using one swipe of the brush on bare skin (no primers):