This week I got to thinking about lip liners. I have a bunch of them that I love, from many different brands… but you know the one that started it all? The lip liner that I still use to this day? MAC Subculture Lip Pencil ($17.50 // Nordstrom). I’m never without it in my stash.
Throughout the years MAC has released SO MANY shades of Lip Pencils… most of which remain permanent. Right now there are 38 shades of permanent MAC Lip Pencils and 28 permanent shades of MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencils. That’s insanity. Literally a shade to match everything!
The shades shown here are:
- Subculture // underground pink
- Boldly Bare // dirty red brown
- Edge to Edge // midtone dirty blue pink
- Whirl // dirty rose
- Soar // mid-tone pinkish brown
- Chicory // soft muted peachy brown
- Brick // intense golden red
- Chestnut // intense brown
- Plum // potent reddened plum
- Vino // intense violet purple
- Nightmoth // blackened plum
I love MAC Lip Pencils because there is always a shade available that I need and can use, they’re smooth to apply and they’re long-lasting on the lips. Subculture will always remain the closest to my heart but the entire line will always be a makeup product that I will think of when I need to buy a new shade of liner to pair with a new favorite lip color.
What was the first lip liner you ever purchased? If you can remember, tell me what your current fave is! Find out what the other Makeup Wars Bloggers are loving by clicking the icons below!