*This post has been sponsored by the PRIMP Network. All opinions are my own.
I’VE FOUND THE PERFECT MOTHER’S DAY GIFT! The gift that actually keeps on giving every.single.day. Have you heard about HiMirror Plus? No? Um, prepare to be floored and get ready to buy one for you and for your mom (or friend or grandma or sister….).
what is it?
I’d sit here and talk about “what if there was” but I can’t because there already IS. The HiMirror is the world’s FIRST mirror that not only analyzes and assesses your skin and it’s condition but also gives product recommendations and keeps track of the effectiveness. It’s the easiest, no-brainer way to find out what products your skin needs the most and what areas need targeted. This mirror gets all up in your business and tells you about things you can see on the surface (like fine lines, wrinkles, acne) but even focuses on things you might think aren’t that bad. I love that because I love to be preventative when it comes to skin conditions and concerns. This thing showed me wrinkles forming in areas I wasn’t even concerned about yet!
To set up the HiMirror you’ll want to follow the instructions or check out this YouTube video. It can be mounted to the wall or placed on an easel. It must be near a plug, be able to connect to your WiFi and be surrounded by even lighting. Download the app (available for iPhone and Android) and through there you can begin your initial setup by creating an account and answering some skincare questions.
*Please note: in some of my pics of the HiMirror I have it on an easel which covers the sensor (I have to move it to another, less pretty stand when I’m actually using it for skin analysis until I can get to the store). HiMirror DOES sell a stand for $12.99 on their website.
how to use
After you’re all set up HiMirror will scan your face and analyze the condition of your skin to help you understand the unique needs of each area of your complexion. The HiMirror will calculate the percentage of each symptom to the marked areas and score it on a scale of 0-100. The mirror will then use the 5 Skin Index Synthesis to analyze healthiness, clarity, firmness, texture and brightness of your skin. As time goes on you’ll be able to compare all of the past analysis to the current one.
The greatest part (for me) about HiMirror is it let’s you know what products to use, what order to use them in and how often you should be using them. The amount of skincare products out there is daunting and I never know what I need or what will be best for me. This mirror cuts out all the guesswork!
In addition to being your new best friend in skincare the HiMirror also features built-in, adjustable lights so it’s the ONLY mirror you’ll need – which is nice to not have to use one mirror for skin advice/analysis, one to apply makeup, etc.
pros and cons
- The biggest pro of them all is the personalized skincare advice you’ll get from this mirror.
- Most of us need a ton of skincare advice and help and my skin changes with the seasons and as I age. This device will keep me on my toes with products and a routine so there’s never a lag in what my skin will require.
- I love that My Beauty Box stores all of my products in one place and the device tells me the order things go in. I love that it runs my skincare life!
- Smart-ambient makeup light with multiple settings.
- You can talk to it (rather than use the air gesture that I talk about in cons) so if you can remember the right commands it makes it quick and easy to use as well as entirely hands free.
- The app makes it quick and easy to access your info without having to physically be at the mirror.
- It stores up to 6 profiles so other family members or friends can also take part in the experience.
- You can stream music and listen to internet news radio.
- There are two add-ons that will help with your skin and body. The HiSkin ($49.99) is a more targeted at-home skin adviser while the Smart Body Scale ($79.99) connects with the HiMirror to help you stay in shape. Shop both of these and learn more on the website.
- That hand “air gesture” business is horrible. I actually got a cramp in my hand trying to master it (particularly the “push” gesture. I think a bottom area touchscreen (off the mirror because, yuck, fingerprints) would be much more user friendly.
- In order to add products to your routine you’ll need to scan the barcode. Personally, when it comes to my skincare, I throw out the boxes. Because I needed the barcode I was unable to add my entire routine to My Beauty Box right away.
- It’s not cordless. It has to be near a plug to be operational. Of every con this is one I hope is fixed if HiMirror ever comes out with another version. I can’t stand having a ton of things plugged in and this is one more device that needs it.
is it worth it?
Do I think the HiMirror is worth it? OBVIOUSLY. This mirror is the coolest thing I’ve ever used. EVER. The pros of the device far outweigh the cons and while I still feel there could be some more user-friendly improvements the price is still good for the type of tech you’re getting – especially when I can give you a 5% off code!
Go to the HiMirror website to pick up your HiMirror (which is currently priced at $259)
Use code: 2KXGF for 5% off your purchase.
I’m so excited to see if the HiMirror and it’s advice will improve my skin and make things easier over time. Will you give this a go? I think it’s such the perfect gift for mother’s day, a birthday, the holidays… even for guys!