*I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #swissherbs – All opinions remain honest and my own.
Weather changes, life changes… Monday… these are all things that can make you feel under the weather or down in the dumps. The key words being “under” and “down”. Because October is Family Health Month I thought it’d be fun to share some things that make me feel better when I’m sick or in a sour mood.
Here are my top 6 pick-me-ups for both the sicks and the sads:
(1) Family. Obvious. Nothing makes me smile more than my family, particularly my kids. My son made up his version of a rap song about all of the superheroes. It was long, but adorable and completely made my day!! The last time I was sick and in bed I woke up in the morning to my daughter reading me a story. Basically my kids are fabulous.
(2) Tea. For the most part I’m a coffee drinker. It’s a must-have for life. But when I’m feeling sick with allergies, colds or even anxiety I want tea. Specifically a soothing blend with chamomile.
(3) Buttered Noodles. AKA comfort food. Carbs. Not even chocolate can pick up my mood like buttered noodles can. With Parmesan cheese. Noms.
(4) Ricola. This month the new Ricola® Dual Action Honey Lemon flavor is available. If you’re a long time Ricola® fan dual action isn’t anything new, but the Honey Lemon is! This herb drop has become a go-to of mine for cold & flu season because it’s a soothing, naturally effective way to relieve sore throats and coughs. The blend of 10 natural Swiss alpine herbs (aka Chrüterchraft) provide natural menthol and soothing honey lemon syrup in the center.
(5) Shopping. Who doesn’t get a spirit lift from a new purchase? Whether it’s a $6 nail polish or that high-end purchase you’ve been waiting for just the right time to splurge on shopping always brings a smile. October is also home to National Handbag Day so this just all goes hand-in-hand 😉
(6) Bright Lips & Cheeks. When you look in the mirror you definitely don’t want to see anything pale or sallow staring back at you. While a vampy lip may be in for Fall it’s not in for sick face. Find a bright pink (doesn’t have to be neon or Barbie… think girly!) lipstick or blush or both and perk your face up. It’s an instant mood lift!
(7) Stickers. It’s absolutely no secret if you follow me on any form of social media that I’m obsessed with decorating my planner. Buying stickers to make my planner pretty makes me almost as happy as sticking them in the planner. If you don’t decorate your planner, you need to. But, be warned, once you start that slope gets slippery and you’ll need someone to talk you down from all of the purchases!
When the people in my family are sad or under the weather I tend to steer them towards bright things too. For example with my kids I bust out the coloring equipment. And I say equipment because there’s some crazy tracer thing… legitimate gadgets and tools up in here. When you’re under the weather, be it sick or just sad, what makes you feel better?
*I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #swissherbs – All opinions remain honest and my own. For more info on Ricola visit them on Facebook & Twitter.