Press Sample/Affiliate Links
Ahhhh water… so refreshing, so necessary… so easily the worst enemy of your FOTD. In this edition of Top 10 Tuesday I’m sharing my favorite waterproof makeup products – the stuff I choose when I need my FOTD to wear through it all – rain, sleet, snow, a good cry fest, chick flicks… what have you.
- Pür Minerals Double Ego Dual Ended Eye Liner* ($21.00 // ULTA Beauty). This liner doesn’t move. It’s really hard to get off, actually, and leaves a bit of staining behind so it’ll take two attempts at removal to get it gone. Maybe that’s a negative for you… but when I need something to stay on IDGAF what needs to happen as long as it works (full review here).
- Benefit They’re Real! Push-Up Liner ($24.00 // Sephora). In keeping with liner this one from Benefit has a bit of a bad rap, but it doesn’t come off. Benefit actually made their own remover to go with it but it’s really not necessary and your usual remover will get the job done. This liner is fantastic (and I’m so excited they’re about to launch new colors!) and if you’re used to working with liner that isn’t in pencil form you’ll love it too (full review here).
- Urban Decay Perversion Super-Saturated Ultra Intense Waterproof Cream Eyeliner Gel ($22.00 // Sephora). This liner is smooth and easy to apply. It wears like iron so you won’t have to worry about it coming off, migrating or fading until you’re ready to remove it (full review here).
- IT Cosmetics Build-A-Brow Waterproof 5-In-1 Micro-Fiber Crème Stain* ($24.00 // ULTA Beauty). There are a lot of cream liners out there for brows that are long-wearing or waterproof etc… the one that stands above them all is this one from IT Cosmetics. Applying a product like this takes some getting used to since you need very, very little to apply with, but once you do it’s magic (full review here).
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot* ($21.00 // Nordstrom). Note this is for the MAC PRO LONGWEAR Paint Pot. The original Paint Pots don’t stay for squat on me without a secondary primer. The Pro Longwear last forever without allowing your eye look to crease or fade (full review here).
- Maybelline Color Tattoo ($6.99 // ULTA Beauty). Basically my drugstore answer to the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot. I love them just as much and there are similar colors available. My favorite shades are the Color Tattoo Leather (full review here).
- Maybelline Full & Soft Thick & Healthy Waterproof Mascara ($7.99 // ULTA Beauty). I’m not normally a waterproof mascara fan, but if I have to wear one this is on the one I pick without hesitation. It looks good, wears good and gives nice volume.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder ($7.99 // ULTA Beauty). This is a great drugstore powder to provide shine control and give off a matte finish. It says 12hrs wear but I’m a shiny gal so I usually have to touch up here and there – I haven’t met a powder that I didn’t have to do that with. This isn’t technically “waterproof” but it is long-wearing.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge ($24.00 // Sephora). Aqua Rouge were the first lip products I ever tried that stayed all day long without fail. To this day they’re still my faves for when I need a pigmented, long-wearing, never leave my mouth color (full review here).
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Lip Stain & Shine ($22.00 // Sephora). In particular the shade Getaway Red. I loveeeee how this looks on and the stain side lasts well with only the gloss side needing a touch-up. The other shades I’ve tried don’t seem to last as long, stain wise, but they’re still very pretty. There is a bit of bleeding on the deep shades so be sure to add a liner like Urban Decay Ozone to the outer lip line before you apply the stain.
What is your favorite waterproof makeup item? Check out what the other bloggers are loving for Summer Beauty by clicking the icons below!
*Products marked with an * were received as a press sample at some point. Items not marked were purchased by me with my own funds. This post also contains affiliate links.