It’s only Spring but the temperature change has been so drastic (I’m talking negative temperatures one week up to 80 the next) that it’s got me thinking about Summer. Why? Because that swift switch to hot made me
sweat glow. New beauty products launch every year so here are a few old favorites that I love to use in the Summer as well as some new products I’m dying to try.
- Sephora Collection The Art of Braid Hair Kit ($18.00 // Sephora). I love a good braid. It’s perfect for keeping hair out of the eyes while you’re swimming and it’s a bit fancier than a pony tail for keeping your hair off of your neck. My daughter also loves a good braid, but not because she’s trying to be me. She’s trying to be Elsa. Regardless, this kit has all the things for the perfect braid and teaches you how to do it. It’s at the top of my list to buy this Summer!
- Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes ($6.47 // Walmart). Not all makeup removal wipes are created equal and I’ve found these ones from Aveeno to be one of the best for removing as much makeup as possible. Or sand dirt that inevitably will get all over you.
- Pür Minerals Pout Pen ($20.00 // Kohl’s). Hot lips are where it’s at and you’re going to want one that’ll stick around awhile. The Pout Pens are vibrant and leave a stain plus they have a balm on the other side to keep it comfortable and fresh.
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara ($24.00 // Macy’s). While this mascara isn’t marked as “waterproof” it is deemed “water-resistant” and let me tell you. I wore this one day where I bawled my freaking eyes out. Hard. You know when all was said and done DH said to me “wow your makeup still looks really good”. I haven’t tried it in a pool, but I plan to this Summer. Never leave me, Benefit Roller Lash.
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ ($38.00 // ULTA Beauty). Not only does this have awesome coverage it doesn’t feel heavy at all and even if I “glow” a bit my skin still stays flawless all day. Bonus: SPF 50+ (though you do still need to wear your sunscreen underneath… better to be over-prepared!).
- The Entire Sonia Kashuk Sahara Sunset Collection (Pricing Varies). Normally I wouldn’t mention a limited edition collection in a round-up such as this, but omg you guys… maybe my heart skipped two beats when I saw this line. All the things are major must-haves for me this Summer. If I could only pick two things it’d for sure be the Sahara Sunset Eye Shadow Palette – Desert Escape ($19.99 // Target) and the Sonia Kashuk Sahara Sunset Highlighter – Arabian Dreams ($19.99 // Target). Please live in my life you beautiful collection.
- Essie Turquoise & Caicos Nail Polish ($8.50 // Walgreens). This is a widespread Summer favorite nail polish – bright and fun… the Summer blue of ocean love!
If you’re shopping online you’ve got to use ShopAtHome.com! It’s a new online coupon and cash back site that I’ve been using and loving! It’s got thousands of retailers sharing savings and rewards. 60 million members can’t be wrong, right?
What are your favorite beauty items for surviving the Summer heat?
*This post is sponsored by Shop at Home. All recommendations & opinions are my own.