Press Sample/Affiliate Links
The PANTONE Color of the Year is Radiant Orchid. But you knew that. What may be a bit confusing are all of the “variations” of Radiant Orchid. PANTONE lists the color as “a captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones”. So, while the swatch in the link may look rather mid-tone lilac to you (confession, it does to me) that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to stick 100% to the picture. As some brands have shown, the Radiant Orchid color is loosely interpreted. Which brings me to today’s post – Top 10 Ways to Get Radiant With Orchid.
Now, normally I’m a little too gung-ho with the limited edition high-end products, so for this post I made sure to incorporate very affordable slash accessible but accurate ways to get that Radiant Orchid look.
- Wet N Wild. For a long time WnW has proven they’re in it to win it in a big way. While still remaining extremely affordable the quality has skyrocketed making them a major leader in the land of drugstore makeup. Some of my picks for the Radiant Orchid Category are the Petal Pusher Eyeshadow Palette and V.I.Pink Perfect Pout Lip Color.
- Pixi Beauty. Orchid Petal Tinted Brilliance Balm & Paradise Pink Nail Polish are the perfect duo for making a Radiant Orchid statement on your nails and keeping your lips demure.
- CoverGirl. I got to try out the Flamed Out Shadow Pots while I was #NAILGATING and I loved the formula! Of course for the Radiant Orchid post I needed to get my hands on 340 Blazing Purple, which, IMO, is dead on for the actual shade of RO.
- Beauty Addicts. This brand was a hidden gem for me. I got a few products sent over recently and thought they were absolutely perfect for the Radiant Orchid post. SolutionEYES in Motivate Eyeshadow Quad and Lip Addiction in Tease & Fierce are now some of my favorite shades of purples, and will be even beyond 2014!
- Eddie Funkhouser. Two of my recently reviewed items from Eddie are totally applicable to this Radiant Orchid trend. Be sure to click the link to see how to get the look using Bedroom Eyes Hyperreal Eye Color Palette & Peep Show Ultra Intensity Cheek Color.
- Pop Beauty. Peony Petal may be a bit deeper than what you’d think of for Radiant Orchid, but I totally think it belongs within the category. It’s got that purpley pink mix to it, and a wide variety of people can pull it off!
- Laura Mercier. Pink Prism probably looks super bold in the tube, BUT on the lips it’s subtle and shiny with a hint of the beauty of Radiant Orchid.
- China Glaze. Of course, every brand will have at the very least one shade (likely many shades) that will be able to be placed in the Radiant Orchid category. China Glaze came to mind because I just swatched The Sea Goddess Collection and Wish on a Starfish and Tail Me Something could easily fall into this line up.
- Marc Jacobs. The Tease 202 Style Eye-Con No.7 – Plush Shadow immediately came to mind (it’s not pictured, I’m in the middle of moving into an in home office space and a lot of palettes are piled up in a cabinet). As you can tell, if you clicked the link, this is full of variations of Radiant Orchid.
If all else fails, Number 10, head over to Sephora where, as usual, they’ve partnered up with PANTONE UNIVERSE to provide you with the mecca of all things “Color of the Year”. I’m kind of wanting that liquid eyeliner…
What’s nice about the 2014 Color of the Year is that the variations make it possible for everyone to find a flattering shade. Warm and Cool Toned alike, you can all wear Radiant Orchid.
What is your favorite “Radiant Orchid” Beauty Product?