What Sephora says about Urban Decay Naked 3:
What it is:
A mirrored compact packed with a dozen never-before-seen rose-hued neutrals, plus a double-ended brush and an Eyeshadow Primer Potion sampler.
What it does:
Dare to get Naked all over again with Urban Decay’s latest shadow palette. Naked3 debuts 12 insanely beautiful rose-hued neutrals in an impressive range of shades—from pale, shimmery pink to deep black matte with red microglitter—in ultrasmooth matte, pearl, and glimmering metallic finishes. Each shadow features Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendability.
This set contains:
– 0.05 oz x 12 Eyeshadows in Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin), Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter), Burnout (light pinky-peach satin), Limit (light dusty rose matte), Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver microglitter), Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal microsparkle), Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte), Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer), Factory (pinky-brown satin), Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift), Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin), Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red microsparkle)
– Double-ended brush
– 4 x 0.025 oz Eyeshadow Primer Potion sample packettes
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
The gorgeous rose-gold art-school-inspired tin case hints at the shades inside. Embossed on top with a big “Naked3” and cool facets that beg to be touched, this case is sure to inspire lots of jealous stares. Naked3 also includes a new double-ended shadow/blending brush and an Eyeshadow Primer Potion sampler with resealable samples of all four formulas (Original, Sin, Eden, and Anti-Aging). Each sample holds about a week’s worth of Primer.
Years ago, Wende (founding partner of Urban Decay) had a boyfriend who took the most amazing pictures of her at sunset, when the light was ridiculously flattering. With Naked3, she wanted to recreate that amazing “golden hour” vibe that looks great on everyone.
The shadows of Naked 3 lean from warm up to cool as they darken. A lot of pinks, rose golds, taupes and plums. Of all of the Naked palettes out there (within Urban Decay and outside of the brand) this is my absolute favorite. All of the shades are of the superb quality we’ve come to expect from Urban Decay and are buttery smooth.
… and it comes with a brush! HUZZUH! Everyone can use an extra shadow brush and Urban Decay makes some good ones. Much better than getting the same eye liner in every palette.
- Strange is a matte eggshell pink.
- Dust is a glittery peachy pink.
- Burnout is a peachy pink satin (or Dust’s less flashy sister).
- Limit is a vintage rose matte.
- Buzz is a metallic mauve rose (and also Kevin McAllister’s older brother, hello Home Alone reference!).
- Trick is a metallic pink tinged copper.
- Nooner is a matte taupe-mauve.
- Liar is a metallic taupe-mauve.
- Factory is a pearled browned taupe.
- Mugshot is a metallic taupe shimmer.
- Darkside is a pearled taupe-eggplant.
- Blackheart is a blackened purple with fuchsia shimmers.
Taupe as a word gets repetitive at the end there, but it’s different shades of taupe that all work well together, separately and also with the other shades in this palette.
For the EOTD below I placed Liar all over the lid, Nooner in the crease and Factory in the outer V. For the inner corners and to highlight I used Burnout. Under the lower waterline I also applied a bit of Trick. The eye liner is MAC Past Twilight Fluidline on top and MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl on the bottom. The mascara is Too Faced Better Than Sex & Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant layered.