When the weather gets colder, our spirits tend to take a dive. It’s a normal reaction to the sun fading away and the flannels (omg is grunge really coming back?!) coming out. Luckily there are a few simple things we can to lift our minds, bodies and spirits without breaking the bank.
Check yourself. In the mirror. This is going to sound so weird, but if I’m feeling down or sad if I look in the mirror and just smile big at myself it improves my mood. I’m not crazy, I promise you. There is something about seeing a big, fake smile on yourself that makes it turn genuine. Then, if you’re at all like me, you start to make faces and then in the end you’re laughing and ready to take on the day!
Something old, something new. Of course, we all know what a lift shopping is… but when you get the bill… not so much of a lift. Shop your stash instead! Poke around through your makeup drawer/closet/jewelry armoire and see what buried treasures await. Nothing is more exciting when I go through my lipstick drawer and I find an old favorite. Even though it might be from a few months ago it still makes me smile and I end up wearing it every day for at least a week!!
Get comfortable. Stuff needs to fit right. All stuff. The term “make it fit” is not okay, because if you choose to wear something that isn’t right for your body type then it’s not going to look good on you. It doesn’t matter how small or how big you are, your clothing items need to fit: especially your bra. If my bra doesn’t hit in all the right places it sucks the happy out of my entire day. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re purchasing lingerie that gives you the right fit and oodles of support (with a little bit of luxury). For 100 years, Vanity Fair® lingerie has been doing just that. In addition to making style and comfort effortless for every woman, Vanity Fair® offers feminine and beautiful lingerie available in styles that are trend-right and feature sleek fabrics with clean lines for a smooth look under clothes. With sophisticated color palettes and minimalistic prints, Vanity Fair® bras and panties are great for everyday wear.
Right now Vanity Fair® has launched several initiatives for women:
- “Women Who Do™” Campaign: The “Women Who Do” initiative is a powerfully uplifting campaign dedicated to praising and celebrating everyday triumphs of women everywhere while highlighting the brand’s long-standing commitment to producing quality, luxurious lingerie at an affordable price-point. Ultimately, Vanity Fair® hopes to spark a movement that inspires women to support each other and live their lives according to what makes them happy.
- Dress for Success Partnership: Dress for Success® – an organization dedicated to promoting the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, career development tools and a network of support– noticed a need for more intimate apparel to provide its clients. Vanity Fair® saw a welcome opportunity to lend its expertise, resources and extensive product offering to help replenish the lingerie of the non-profit organization. Through this partnership, Vanity Fair® hopes to provide women with the support they need to be successful.
- The Vanity Fair LiftTOUR: On July 17, 2014, Vanity Fair® and Dress for Success kicked off the national LiftTOUR – a nationwide bus tour with a focus on fit and philanthropy. The LiftTOUR will travel across the country conducting bra fittings at major retail locations, and for every woman fit, Vanity Fair® will donate a brand-new bra to the local Dress for Success Affiliate. Between July and the end of October, the LiftTOUR will plan to stop at 70 different locations in 12 major U.S. markets.
For the chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card let me know in the comments how you lift yourself up!
Sweepstakes Rules:No duplicate comments.You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.The Official Rules are available here.This sweepstakes runs from 9/8 -10/19/2014.Be sure to visit the Vanity Fair brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!