When you’re something of a red lipstickhoarder collector, picking your Top 10 will have you on the floor either weeping uncontrollably or laughing hysterically (in the manic sense). Do you know I seriously felt bad about not including my other reds?! Who has feelings like that?!
For this weeks Top 10 Tuesday I broke down and chose my Top 10 High-End Red Lipsticks.
In no particular order…
- Cle de Peau Beaute 311 Extra Rich Lipstick Velvet. So this one… is ridiculously expensive. More-so than I thought when I purchased. The lipstick itself is $40 then you have to buy the casing which is $25. I never (and I mean never) finish a lipstick, so, while the casing is refillable, that’s just not economical for me. That being said… I don’t regret this purchase in any way, shape or form. It’s a stunning shade of excellent quality and if I had to pick my top 3 red lippies this would, without a moments hesitation, be in that group.
- Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque. This was actually featured as my favorite red lipstick in Makeup Wars circa 2012 and it’s still in my top 3 to this day. There’s something so perfect about the color that makes it an unstoppable, power red.
- NARS Future Red Cinematic Lipstick. Cinematic is a new formula for NARS and it’s basically 10,000 shades of awesome. Highly pigmented and so glossy! Future Red was a part of the controversial Holiday 2013 Guy Bourdin Collection.
- MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick. I just recently reviewed this one, but of course it landed on my faves! A frost finish that doesn’t look icy or trashy?! Sign me up!
- MAC RiRi Woo Lipstick. RiRi Woo is based off of Ruby Woo but in an even better Retro Matte formula. It released several times throughout 2013 within the Rihanna Collections and it was a huge favorite each time. What this means is that Rihanna can do no wrong in terms of a red lip from collections she collaborates on.
- Dior Lady Lipstick.�� While there were three beautiful red shades that I purchased from the Dior 2012 Holiday Collection, Lady is my favorite. She’s a muted, dusty red that carries oodles of pigment and is wonderfully wearable.
- LUSH Santa Baby Lip Tint. Maybe this one isn’t really a “lipstick” or “designer” per se, but it’s beautiful and gives my lips that perfect red tint without going pink. Love it, couldn’t leave it out!
- Cailyn Big Apple Tinted Lip Balm. I got this one in my September 2013 ipsy Glam Bag. Again, not exactly a “lipstick” but a great tint! It’s a little deeper than Santa Baby and just as beautiful!
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Enamel Glossy Stain. This is a lovely, warm red that is completely opaque and stains the lips so well it’ll seem like you reapplied your lipstick all day!
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge 8 Iconic Red. When something is made in collaboration with Madonna’s makeup artist, Gina Brooke, you know it’s good. Aqua Rouge does.not.budge. You’ll be hard pressed to get it off with even a hard core makeup remover. Love this line!
And, as per usual on a Top 10 Tuesday, I cheated and managed to smuggle in my Top 5 High-End Red Lip Glosses as well. Just kidding, no idea how these got here, I swear.
- Marc Jacobs No Regrets Lust for Lacquer. A juicy, strawberry red that works perfect alone or on top of any red shade that needs a little shine. If there were such a thing as a neutral red, this would be it.
- NARS 413 BLKR Larger Than Life Lipgloss. This is a fiery, siren red that features a teeny, tiny brush to get that precise application that you need for all red lip shades. Super pigmented and super glossy!
- Lise Watier Rouge Catwalk Haute Couleur. I got my first Lise Watier products in my August 2013 Wantable Box. I’d been dying to try out the brand and was not disappointed! This shade is another juicy sort of red that is almost opaque and has an awesome shine.
- Le Metier de Beaute Red Velvet Lip Creme. This was actually a GWP item back in 2012. It’s an extremely vibrant and opaque fire engine red cream. It just melts onto the lips and even leaves behind a nice stain after eating/drinking.
- MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipglass. While this red isn’t opaque by any means, the shimmer gives off a great dimension to any creamy red lipsticks that you feel might be falling flat or just need funned up!
What Red Lipstick (or Lip Gloss!) is your favorite? Click the links below to see what the other Top 10 Bloggers have listed!