Press Sample/Affiliate Links
Probably even more annoying that shopping for your SO is shopping for the girl (or guy, for that matter) that has every.damn.thing. Maybe it's a friend or relative... or someone you pulled during a Secret Santa moment at the office. Regardless... that ish is rough. Here are a few ideas on what to buy for this person whether you're on a budget or if money is no expense - luxury does not mean designer it just means awesome!
- My number one gift for the person who has everything is a monthly subscription box. For a lot of these you can purchase just one month, three, six or even the whole year. Making this budget friendly for just about everyone. Depending on your budget you have options so I'll list them in order from least expensive to most expensive - ipsy ($10/month - reviews), Birchbox ($10/month - reviews), Beauty Box 5* ($12/month - reviews), Scentbird* ($14.95/month - reviews), Glossybox* ($21/month - reviews), Wantable ($36/month - reviews), POPSUGAR Must Have* ($39.95/month - reviews). There are obviously MANY, MANY more, but these are the ones I currently subscribe to and have the experience with. I'm hoping to hop on a few new ones for 2015! Any recs?
- High end makeup storage. For those with a high or unlimited budget consider the Sherrieblossom ICEbOX*. This is a makeup/beauty organizer that is made with only the finest acrylics. You can absolutely see the difference, especially in person. It holds up well, cleans easily and comes in several sizes. Check out mine here!
- Personalized Jewelry. Onecklace* offers personalized jewelry that comes in a beautiful gold box complete with an authenticity certificate. Not only is there currently a Christmas Sale going on, BUT you can also get 10% off of your order using code GIFT10! Check out mine on Instagram (or purchase your own here)!
- Personalized Nail Polish. It does exist. Pretty Please Nail Polish allows you to pick a shade and give it any name you desire! It's only $12 a bottle but wouldn't it be fun to call it Will You Marry Me or something to that effect? Ahhh... a bloggers beauty dream proposal ;)
- Candles. I'm not talking Yankee. I'm talking high-quality soy, organic goodness from right here in Pittsburgh (but you can order from anywhere in the US!). KTHOM Beauty offers seasonal and spa collections for only $18.00. Flat Rate shipping is only $2.00 which for a heavy candle is AMAZING.
- Specialty Bath & Body. It's easy to walk into a Bath & Body works and grab something, but I've talked to many people that say that getting body care from there is very impersonal and makes them think that you forgot and needed something quick. If the person you're buying for is into bath and body products consider A Girl's Gotta Spa. Energizing Citrus Body Wash (8 oz. - $26), Energizing Citrus Body Lotion (8 oz. - $28), Energizing Citrus Salt Scrub (10 oz. - $35 only available on the website), Energizing Citrus 3-Piece Gift Set - $84 comes in a silver matte gift box tied with a guava colored ribbon so it is ready for gift giving. (only available on the website, $5 savings) All of the products have vegan ingredients, are 94-100% natural and certified cruelty free by Leaping Bunny. Best of all, they are incredibly hydrating and smell wonderful! (products are also available on Gloss48 and Amazon however if you purchase on the official website you get a 15% off code when you sign up for emails!).
- LUSH. Few things personally make me happier than a gift set from LUSH. There is one to suit every one in every single price range. You absolutely cannot go wrong. They're Limited Edition so shop soon!
- Makeup Brushes. NO ONE has enough makeup brushes. IDC if you have a million, you need more. No one likes to wash them, so the more, the merrier. IT Cosmetics makes affordable sets of their 5 star brushes (shown in the main pic - Your Beautiful Basics* (3-piece Face & Eye Travel Brush Set $19.50) and Your Airbrush Masters* (6-piece Face & Eye Advanced Brush Set $65.00). You can get these sets plus a plethora of individual brushes at Ulta.
- Beauty Gifts that give back. Some brands partner with charities and devote a portion of product proceeds to a good cause. Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Palette($48), Lip Glacé in Peach Hope ($25) and Bracelet of Hope($35) all give 100% back to the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund; Kiehl's has released their 6th Annual Limited Edition Creme de Corps Holiday Collection where 100% of Kiehl's net profits from this collection, up to $100,000, will benefit Feeding America.
Of course, in the end, it helps to know who you're shopping for. Obviously, specialty lip balm isn't going to be okay for someone who doesn't like to put anything on their lips. In the age of the internet, it's not hard to get to know who you're shopping for. Go ahead and stalk a little on Facebook... I won't tell.
***Items marked with a * were received as a press sample. All others were found/purchased by me. This post also contains some affiliate links.