First, apologies for the lateness on this! I thought I reviewed the MAC Our Secret Fluidline but apparently that is not the case =\ I decided to put it up anyway because the Magnetic Nude Collection is likely already at the CCO’s or will be soon.
Our Secret is described as a metallic brown with red pearl, making me hope and pray it would be a dupe for my beloved Graphic Brown Fluidline (it’s not). It’s much lighter than Graphic Brown and appears more golden brown to me. It’s gorgeous for a neutral look and applied smoothly, lasting all day. Fluidlines also make fantastic bases for eye shadows, holding them in place and making the shades more vibrant.
Did you get your hands on MAC Our Secret Fluidline?
MAC Fluidline retails for $16.00. Our Secret is limited edition and no longer available on the websites, but definitely check your local CCO!
For the past few years MAC has released a “By Request” Collection, giving their fans the opportunity to vote on the shades they want to bring back for a limited time. I love this idea because it’s the perfect opportunity for you to restock on a past fave or grab a product you may have missed out on the first time around.
For 2014 the fans voted and brought back three eye shadows (Fiction, Diesel and Butterscotch, $15.00 each) and three lipstick/lipglass shades (Glam, Hoop and Pink Poodle, $15.00 each for Lipglass/$16.00 each for Lipstick).
Fiction is described as a muted green shimmer (frost). This is a khaki shade with slight golden flecks. I found the formula to be fantastic in terms of wear and easily applied when using a firm brush (MAC 239). This is a great shade to wear multiple ways including all over the lid or just subtly in the crease.
Pink Poodle is described as a vivid fuchsia pink. It’s a jelly like fuchsia with blue pearl. The formula wasn’t too sticky and it’s opaque enough to be worn alone or over a similar (or nude) lipstick.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! This week’s Makeup Wars is all about being glowy. Illuminating, if you will. Some of these help to conceal, but for the most part I like to use them to give the illusion of brightness/being awake and all “no, I don’t suffer from insomnia at all”.
In no particular order….
1. Dior Nail Glow. I can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this yet! I’ve had it for a year and am obsessed with it. Running out the door and need a mani but have no time for a mani? You can slap this on so fast and it adds a rosy tint to your nails leaving them shiny and healthy looking.
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye/Hello Light Liquid Brightener Dual End Concealer. A mouthful… but this is the real deal for hiding the evil that is the under eye area… especially after a night of St. Patrick’s Day festivities (hint hint – everyone knows you were out because of what you posted on Instagram, you can still look like a million bucks the next morning with this stuff).
3. NARSLight Reflecting Loose Setting Powder. I dust this setting powder over my face makeup to help keep it flawless throughout the day, but one of my favorite things about it is that it contains light-active micro-prisms that optically fade wrinkles, pores.. all that bad stuff. There is also a pressed form of this but reviews said that the loose gives more of a matte finish and I’m all about that. Cream wise I love the Copacabana Highlighter that I got in a Sephora VIB gift!
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. Hourglass has some excellent Ambient Lighting Powders (see Mood Glow) but my heart lies with their Ambient Lighting Blushes. I got my hands on Luminous Flush during a VIB preview, then when the shades launched I bought up the rest of them. You’ll be seeing them very soon!
5. MAC Grain Eye Shadow. This eye shadow has been my go-to highlight shade for years. If I get a palette that doesn’t have a shade to highlight or blend a crease out with (which happens way more often than I like) I always add this in.
6. Tarte Champagne. I first used this highlighter when I got the Tarte for Aqualillies Palette last year. I use it all over – cheeks, eyes, anywhere I need a bit of brightness or deflection.
7. Benefit Rockateur Powder Blush. This cheek powder is rose gold and may be highlighter only status for some, but it’s the perfect blush for me! I also enjoy using Watt’s Up and am currently working my way through a pile of sample sizes I’ve acquired!
8. Eat well. I’m really guilty of not doing this one. I just started back up (I see you coming, Summer) and it’s been refreshing. I have more energy, my skin looks better and brighter, I get more done… it’s just all around a fabulous feeling inside that radiates outward in your appearance!
I actually first used and reviewed MAC Superb Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($30.00)back in 2012 when it released with In Extra Dimension. Now it’s back again with the Magnetic Nude Collection and is joined by some other beautiful pieces, including Overspiced Lipglass ($15.00).
Superb(soft peachy nude with multidimensional shimmer) has a bronzed shimmer to it, which is lovely if you’re just needing a highlight or want to add some dimension to your glow while sunning poolside (oh I am SO excited for those days, snow snow go away). This metallic cheek color can easily become over done if you use too much of it, so apply sparingly… in the case of the Extra Dimension Skinfinish less is more.
Overspiced(dirty, muted coral) is a fabulous shade for everyday or to keep your lips understated while pairing with a smokey eye. Because it’s a lipglass it’s got that sticky factor, but was still creamy and opaque enough to coat the lips easily and last around 3 hours.