No one does a huge palette quite like Urban Decay. Besides the shadows themselves being of stellar quality, the packaging and design is always on point. One year after the original Vice palette launched we get the Vice 2 Palette for Holiday 2013.
What Sephora says about the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette:
What it is:
A luxe, sophisticated, limited-edition palette loaded with 20 eye shadow shades.
What it does:
For fans that missed out the first time (and beauty junkies craving their next fix, Urban Decay has launched this palette packed with unbelievably gorgeous eye shadow shades. Experiment with insanely cool brights, not-your-average neutrals, and sexy hits of smoke, all in Urban Decay’s decadent, revamped formula.
This set contains:
- 0.03 oz x 20 eye shadow in: Smokeout (dark taupey-black satin), Lovesick (black matte w/iridescent micro-glitter), Shellshock (bright metallic silver), Coax (medium metallic pink w/golden iridescent micro-sparkle), X-Rated (baby pink satin), Prank (deep navy matte w/turquoise floating pearl), Madness (bright metallic blue shimmer w/blue micro-glitter), Strike (antique gold shimmer w/silver micro-glitter), Stash (deep olive green shimmer w/iridescent micro-sparkle), Poison (charcoal satin w/iridescent micro-sparkle), Radar (metallic brown shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter), Damaged (bright metallic emerald shimmer), Voodoo (metallic purple shimmer w/iridescent purple micro-glitter), Betrayal (bright purple satin w/blue shift), Derailed (medium metallic taupey-brown shimmer), Dope (warm champagne satin), Toxic (metallic copper-pink shimmer w/tonal micro-glitter), Habit (light nude matte), Ambush (metallic brown satin) and Rewind (medium brown matte)
- Full size double-ended Good Karma Shadow and Crease Brush
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Each Eyeshadow features Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability.
Vice 2 is drenched in a pretty-but-edgy, abstract orchid design that’s applied with a special process—so no two palettes are exactly alike—and topped off with a gunmetal jeweled UD icon. With the touch of a button, the case opens slowly to unveil all those gorgeous shadows, along with an oversized mirror and a double-ended Good Karma Shadow and Crease Brush.
(Row 1, L-R: Smokeout, Lovesick, Shellshock, Coax, X-Rated)
- Smokeout(dark taupey-black satin) This is one of the shades that drew me in the most. Not that I can ever resist an Urban Decay palette, but just look at the pigment... this shadow is so lush ... and a black/purple/taupe... my heart is racing!
- Lovesick(black matte w/iridescent micro-glitter) This one was a tad dry, probably one of my least faves. It was dry but still blended well into other shadows when used on the eye.
- Shellshock(bright metallic silver) This is probably one of the most saturated silvers I've ever seen. It's almost like melted metal on your skin but without the pain.
- Coax(medium metallic pink w/golden iridescent micro-sparkle) A lovely pink with that Barbie quality, I also detect a hint of lilac in there! Cool-toned, but easy to work in with many other shades for multiple looks.
- X-Rated(baby pink satin) This looks like it'd be chalky when you see it in the palette, but when you feel it and use it you'll see a slight sheen to it. Much more pigmented and blendable that I would have thought by my first impression!
(Row 2, L-R: Prank, Madness, Strike, Stash, Poison)
- Prank(deep navy matte w/turquoise floating pearl) I love how the slight hint of turquoise glitter makes this otherwise boring shade unique. It's a nice, smooth matte.
- Madness(bright metallic blue shimmer w/blue micro-glitter) This is such a saturated metallic blue, it'll have all of you that love color singing and jumping. It works in well with a smokey look or even to amp up your favorite neutral work eye.
- Strike(antique gold shimmer w/silver micro-glitter) This one looks to be a yellow gold in the pan but swatches a bit lighter and much more wearable. The formula was smooth and wonderful.
- Stash(deep olive green shimmer w/iridescent micro-sparkle) The perfect shimmery golden khaki that is so wonderful for Fall looks. As with most of these shadows, the formula gets an A+++.
- Poison(charcoal satin w/iridescent micro-sparkle) This is a deep slate grey with light glitter strewn throughout, making it less drab than your run of the mill grey shadow.
(Row 3, L-R: Radar, Damaged, Voodoo, Betrayal, Derailed)
- Radar(metallic brown shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter) This beautiful brown sparkler makes for an excellent shade for the lid or crease!
- Damaged (bright metallic emerald shimmer) This is one of my faves out of the 20 shades. It's a lovely jewel emerald but when placed over a deeper shade it almost seems teal. It blends in with other shades like a dream.
- Voodoo(metallic purple shimmer w/iridescent purple micro-glitter) This purple looks deep in the pan but swatches as a grape shade with silvered purple sparkle.
- Betrayal(bright purple satin w/blue shift) I love to use duochome shades like this to dab lightly at the center of the lid to amp up a flat eye look.
- Derailed(medium metallic taupey-brown shimmer) This is another of my fave shades and one of the reasons I initially knew I had to have this palette. Anything metallic and taupe is a winner.
(Row 4, L-R: Dope, Toxic, Habit, Ambush, Rewind)
- Dope(warm champagne satin) This one is so smooth and veluxe for a satin, wearable and perfect for many looks!
- Toxic(metallic copper-pink shimmer w/tonal micro-glitter) This is like a pinked rose gold that is perfect for making a dull neutral eye pop with fire.
- Habit(light nude matte) Shades like this are such a must have in palettes such as this with all of the vampy and fun colors. You've got to be able to blend them out and make them your own somehow, and Habit is excellent for just that!
- Ambush(metallic brown satin) This is a rich chocolate with almost a green tone to it if you shift your arm. Very dense and beautiful.
- Rewind(medium brown matte) is a very light chocolate brown matte. The formula is super soft and not dry in the least.
The packaging for Vice 2 has a lovely purple marble-like look to it and it's definitely solid. The palette pops open to reveal 20 eye shadows, a double-sided brush and a huge mirror.
The best thing about palettes with so many quality shades, like Vice 2, is that you can create your every day neutral looks but then really amp it up for special occasions. You might never use Coax or the very saturated Shellshock on a normal day, but wouldn't it make an awesome Barbie eye for Halloween? You might even want to layer it or work a small amount in to your evening look. Basically, this palette has endless possibilities!
Look 1: Lid = Derailed, Crease = Rewind, Outer V = Damaged, Inner Corner/Highlight = Dope. Liner = Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stray Dog, Mascara = Too Faced Better Than Sex & Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant layered.
What looks would you like to create with Vice 2?