There's nothing easy about navigating and then narrowing your choices down for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This sale happens every year and if you've been around my blog for awhile you know it's one of my favorite times to shop. I hit up the sale the first day of the preview (July 9) and picked up some items that I am in love with. As I shopped around in store I was surprised that there wasn't a huge area of beauty items up for grabs... not as many as usual, anyway. I actually only bought ONE beauty item in store! When I came home I was excited to see several more available online so I bought a few more there as well (they are currently en route).
Here are my Top 10 beauty favorites from this years Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
- Dior 'Eye Reviver - Rosy' Palette($62.00 // Nordstrom). This palette was the only item I picked up in store. At first glance this palette and the original Eye Reviver look exactly the same so initially I walked by it a few times until I asked "Where the Dior, son?!". Because of the store lighting and tent I had to put the original and Rosy side by side. Only then did I notice how different they are. And how much I needed them both. The review and swatches are coming!
- Dior 'Addict Lipstick'($33.00 // Nordstrom). I didn't see these in store at all but I loved all 4 that came out with the Summer line so I bought both of these from the computer later. The two shades available are Cosmic Pink and Hypnotic Plum. The review and swatches will be up after they arrive, hopefully soon!!!
- Rebecca Minkoff 'Erin - Retail Therapy #nordygirl' Pouch($49.90 // Nordstrom). Every year the exclusive #nordygirl pouch has come out I've bought it. Last year "Chic Happens" and the year before "I came, I shopped, I conquered". This year is a beautiful pale pink and the Retail Therapy theme couldn't be more perfect.
- Charlotte Tilbury 'On-the-Go Essentials' Set($155.00 // Nordstrom). I always hear readers saying they want to check out this brand and the On-the-Go Essentials Set is a great place to start. I love the makeup bag it all comes in (especially the quote) and the products included are key pieces needed to start your collection. Once you begin to wear Charlotte Tilbury, there's no looking back!
- MAC 'Nordstrom's Finest' Eyeshadow Palette ($85.00 // Nordstrom). Technically this palette isn't listed in the Anniversary Sale, but it's a new palette from MAC that is exclusive to Nordstrom and first appeared during the time of the sale. So imma count it. A lot of perm shades are included in this but there are several new ones also. If you loved Nordstrom Naturals you'll absolutely need this one also!
- NARS 'Blame it on NARS' Cheek Palette($59.00 // Nordstrom). I absolutely blame NARS for a good bit of my beauty obsessions! This palette features a Highlighting Blush in Satellite of Love (0.14 oz.), Blush in Day Dream (0.14 oz.), Blush in New Attitude (0.14 oz.) and Bronzing Powder in Casino (0.15 oz.) as well as a Travel-size Ita Kabuki Brush. All completely travel friendly! NARS also has two lip crayon sets that are drool worthy and worth checking out in Ultimate NARS and True NARS (I love the cases!).
- Chanel Travel Makeup Palette($95.00 // Nordstrom). This is a great kit for travel, it's truly everything you need in one compact. The shades are wearable and perfect for any occasion. Like with Charlotte Tilbury, if you're looking to try out some Chanel and need a place to start this is an excellent way to get your hands on several products at once.
- Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain Exclusive Trio($72.00 // Nordstrom). This YSL set was one of the first beauty items that caught my eye as being a great deal. These retail for $36 each so it's buying 2 and getting 1 free plus you get a free cosmetic bag. I've had all positive experiences with the product and the shades are stunning. The only reason I didn't pick it up is I already have one of the shades they included (review linked). Shades included: Glossy Stain Classic No. 7 in Corail Aquatique, Glossy Stain Pop Water No. 204 Onde Rose and Glossy Stain Plump Up No. 200.
- Tom Ford 'Lips & Boys' Set($96.00 // Nordstrom). The resolve is strong with this one. I didn't buy it, but I'm dying for it. Tom Ford Lipsticks retail for $52.00 each so this is a sweet deal for shades that you'll actually get some use out of. The trio comes in a case but I think if it were in a Tom Ford back I wouldn't be able to hold out. Shades included are Flynn, Giacomo and Alejandro.
- Hourglass 'Nude Essentials' Set($64.00 // Nordstrom). One of my favorite items from Hourglass is the Femme Nude Lip Stylo and No. 5 is included in this set along with the 1.5mm Mechanical Gel Eyeliner in Obsidian, Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara and a Travel-size Veil Mineral Primer. I didn't buy this because I have the Lip Stylo and Eyeliner here already. But, again, it's a pretty sweet deal for the set.
What is your favorite (or favorites!) beauty pick from this years Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? See what beauty bloggers are loving by clicking the icons below.