On just about every single eyebrow post I've done you've seen me whine about how scarce my eyebrow hairs are. Not only was I a teenager in the 90's (when plucking brow hair into pencil thin lines was all the rage) but I've also had two children (brow hair disappeared more and more with each one!). For this weeks Top 10 Tuesday we're talking brows and I thought it would be the perfect time to share the products I love to use on my brows and that work for me. At the end I'll feature a little section of fails as well.
- IT Cosmetics Your Brows But Better Brow Power Skinny Pencil. YBBB ($24.00 // Ulta) is my number one end-all-be-all brow product. Easy to use and quick this automatic pencil features an ultra-fine pencil on one side and a spoolie brush on the other side.
- IT Cosmetics Build-a-Brow Cream Gel. The IT Cosmetics Build-a-Brow ($24.00 // Ulta // reviewed here) is a gel that stains into your brows making it waterproof, budgeproof, LIFE proof. Similar products are available from multiple brands but this is the first one I had a hard time taking off even with makeup remover. This is important to me because I'm completely paranoid about my brows fading or disappearing because it'll look like a huge hole in my brow. Not a trend I'm okay with.
- Dior Diorshow Brow Styler. The Diorshow Browstyler($29.00 // Sephora) is similar to the IT Cosmetics but is a little more expensive. If you're a loyal Dior fan it's definitely a good pick.
- Milani Brow Shaping Kit 02. Of all the powders I've tried in life the Milani Brow Shaping Kit($7.99 // CVS) is my fave because it includes a highlight shade as well as two brow shades to mix the perfect match. It also has a few little tools for easy travel touch ups.
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. I picked the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel ($22.00 // Sephora) as a fave because it has one major feature. The gel doesn't clump up in the brush. The tube the wand comes out of has a small opening and it removes any excess gel that you don't want deposited on your brow. For those of us with very little brow to work with, we don't need a lot of product. This wand/tube combo is perfect.
- Benefit Gimme Brow. I am obsessed with the adorable-ness of Benefit Gimme Brow($22.00 // Sephora). Mini sized (which is what makes it so adorable) and precise I love to use the light/medium shade to get my brows held in place through the day.
- Spoolie Brush. I spent the beginning years of my bloggie life thinking wtf at the spoolie brush. It is so necessary for a clean looking brow. Thick brows, thin brows you need this to comb through the hairs and blend/evenly disperse the product. I also like to use this if I apply brow gel a little to heavily. This helps spread it out and remove a bit of the overflow of product. The one I reach for the most is the Pixi Lash & Brow Brush ($8.00 // Target).
- Tweezerman Tweezers. Tried & true, the best of the best, Tweezerman Tweezers($22.00 // Sephora) have been my go-to since before I can remember. Regardless of your brow size you still need to clean up stragglers. I've tried other tweezer brands and none live up.
- ELF Stencils. It always helps to have a bit of a guide, especially when you have little-to-no hairs and are trying for that perfect arch. Expensive stencils are available from Anastasia but I found these ELF ones at Target for a buck and they're just as fab.
No matter how easy these products below may make life for you, they don't shine bright in my eyes. Brow products that haven't worked for me- Benefit Brow Zings and Maybelline Brow Drama. Benefit Brow Zings($22.00 // Sephora // reviewed here) just made my little hairs look slicked down and sparse. A Benefit Brow Gal did them with it at Ulta and it looked okay, so I bought it. No matter what I did I could not manipulate that wax to work in my favor and even thought that it was just weird looking because the wax had a tint. I did like the powder side, but why am I paying for both when I'm only using one? I ended up taking that back and purchasing a clear wax and a new powder but that also did not work. Maybelline Brow Drama($6.99 // Target). This is a new product with a lot of hype. This product is not for us gals without brows. It does nothing because it has nothing to work with. It didn't work for me, but if you've got thick, beautifully shaped brows it will work for you. Check out YouTuber Bailey B's in depth (yet quick) review and demo video here.
There are so many brow products out there that kick butt! What are your faves? What are your fails? Find out what the other Top 10 Tuesday Bloggers are loving by clicking the icons below!