Happy Earth Day! That may or may not mean something to you, but regardless - there it is ;) To kick off this day I'm excited to share with you some earthy beauty stats and also list my Top 10 Earth Day Approved Beauty Products!
Did you know 11% of consumers “always” buy organic beauty products? Or that 34% of women find organic products to be just as effective as non-organic products with 22% of women say their more effective than non-organic products? Perhaps the most interesting to me, personally, is that the top 3 sources for organic and all-natural product recommendations are: bloggers (38%), friends and family (25%), and online communities (17%) (stats via Poshly.com).
So, as a blogger ;) Here are my Top 10 Earth Day Approved Products (in no particular order):
- LUSH. I mean... of course. This is the first brand that comes to mind when I think of Earth Day! Everything is made fresh with little or no preservative or packaging using only vegetarian ingredients!
- Kiehl's. This year they've partnered with Recycle Across America, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering society-wide solutions around recycling, to launch a Limited Edition Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque series featuring Earth-inspired designs by Ashley Judd & Anthony Mackie. 100% of the net profits up to $50,000 will be used to create 65,000 standardized recycling labels to offer to select K-12 schools in the United States.
- Zoya. They're back with another Earth Day Exchange! Use code ZDAY2014 April 21-28 to swap out your old, unused or unwanted polishes for BIG5FREE nail polishes from Zoya! Zoya then disposes of the old shades in an eco-friendly manner.
- Overall Beauty Minerals. This year OBM is showing their support of Earth Day by gifting the celebs that will be visiting an amazing Earth Day event with a trio in shades of brown as their way to help show their love for Mother Earth. Other trios are also available, I got to play with a trio of Zone Out, Visions of Violets & Gray Sapphire! (see swatches of the shades I played with below).
- Organix (OGX). The Sea Mineral Moisture line is my new favorite and has made my hair so silky smooth! Hydrating sea minerals along with healing algae wrap split ends in repairing moisture, while supercharged sea kelp transforms dry, brittle hair into soft supple perfection.
- Aveda. This year their 2014 Earth Month candle is made with organic ginger and ginger lily from India.100% of the purchase price helps protect clean water, supporting Global Greengrants Fund water-related projects around the world.
- The next four are beauty bloggers with Earth Day Friendly Products! For hair Phyrra's Pretty Little Elixir Hair Masque (This elixir will transform your chemically damaged hair into smooth, sexy, soft locks.. and it's cruelty free & vegan!).
- For body A Girl's Gotta Spa has a yummy citrus body was & lotion.
- For skin FutureDerm has a full line of organic products!
- Another for Skin - the My Beauty BunnyCruelty-Free All-Natural Moisturizer. Made with an original blend of soothing aloe, toning witch hazel, moisturizing squalane (from olives), bilberry fruit, sugar cane, sugar maple, orange fruit extract, lemon fruit extract; and antioxidants: camellia oleifera (white tea), camellia sinensis (green tea), and aspalathus linearis (AKA rooibus or “red tea”). Made with a light berry grapefruit scent.
Or,DIY. If all else fails, Do It Yourself! POPSUGAR Beauty has 10 green beauty recipes, most of which are literally green!
Paul Mitchell is also getting in on the Earth Day action by joining Reforest'Action (an environmental organization that plants trees worldwide) and urging you to plant trees! For the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree #GreenTakover Reforest'Action will plant a tree in your name. For more information go to the website!
What are your favorite products that would be Earth Day Approved?