Backstage at HONOR for Spring 2012!
NARS created the look for the HONOR Spring 2012 runway show.
LEAD ARTIST: James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry
TREND: Porcelain skin and heavy mascara
DESIGNER INSPIRATION: “Someone said that my collection was really girly,” said designer Giovanna Randall. “So I decided to go all the way and make it ultra feminine, but also with something slightly ‘off.’ I had a vision of creating an army of angry dolls that had been played with too much, not precious dolls that sit on a shelf.”
LOOK: “The look is reminiscent of Penelope Tree, and Catherine Deneuve,” said James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry. “The eyelashes are messy and drawn on, with a lot of mascara. Everything else is perfect – the skin is porcelain, and the lip color is like lips that have been bitten. The key to the look is really the lashes. When you think you’ve got enough mascara, add two more coats.”
Below are the key products used to create the exclusive look:
· Santa Monica Boulevard Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner
· Black Moon Eyeliner Pencil
· Rue Bonaparte Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner
· Douceur Blush
· Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
· Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara
· Valparaiso Pure Matte Lipstick – new for spring 2012! (for now, try Terre de Feu Pure Matte Lipstick)
All products, except where noted, are available at narscosmetics.com.