Love is in the air!!!! This week on
we've decided to pull ourselves together and show off our favorite
Valentine's Day look
At first I wanted to do something sexier and with a red lip. But then I'm like... that's not what I would wear out on a Valentine's Day date! Something more me is a classy look of greys and pinks. Who does grey and pink better than Dior Beauty with the launch of their Spring 2013 Cherie Bow Collection?
For this FOTD I want to do a soft 'in love' look and feature the Dior Cherie Bow Palette($80.00). The pretty enamel case is also perfect to carry around for touch ups, and even looks like a small clutch!
Being Dior, the shadows are soft and easy to apply and blend. The soft pink gloss is very sheer and has a subtle shimmer. I didn't use it in the completed look, because the eye was so soft I wanted a bit "more" for my Valentine's Day Look. Below is a swatch of the Dior gloss from the Cherie Bow Palette alone on my lips:
The gloss feels amazing on the lips, and I love how they put a metal cover over the top so that you're not getting shadow dust into the product. Normally I'm skeeved out by palettes with gloss, but I'm always okay with Dior's because they keep them separated. Now, onto the look!
To replicate my Valentine's Day FOTD you'll need the following:
- Miracle Skin Transformer Face
- Paula's Choice Foundation Resist Instant Smoothing Anti-Aging Foundation
- Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
- MAC Taupe Shape Blush (to contour)
- MAC Poised Blush
- Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush (to highlight)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Dior Cherie Bow Palette (using the included liner brush I lined the top lid with the deep grey liner. I then put the light grey shade all over the lid and the dark grey shade in the crease and outer V, as well as slightly below the lower lash line. The light pink shade was used at the inner corner of the eye and to highlight.)
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara
- Dior DiorShow Brow Styler
- MAC Clear Brow Set
- Chanel Rose Pearl Rouge Double Intensité Ultra Wear Lip Color
For more information on the Dior Cherie Bow Palette, please see the Official Press Release.
See what the other participants in this installment of Makeup Wars came up with! I’m really excited to see what the other ladies have as their faves! What WILL we think of next?!
To view the whole line-up of Makeup Warsclick here for the blog category!