M·A·C VIVA GLAM Spokesperson, Lady Gaga Enlists Her Little Monsters
in a New Global Digital Campaign to Make a Difference and Promote HIV/AIDS Awareness
Over the past 17 years the M·A·C AIDS Fund has raised more than $218 million for HIV/AIDS related charities solely through the sales of M·A·C VIVA GLAM products. To support its latest VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass Gaga 2, M·A·C Cosmetics, with the help of VIVA GLAM spokesperson Lady Gaga, have launched a digital, interactive movement on VIVAGLAM.com to demonstrate the effect each one of us has in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Dubbed “Glam This Way,” the campaign puts the power of the M·A·C AIDS Fund into the hands of M·A·C’s fans allowing them to serve as the voices of the brand, further raising awareness of HIV/AIDS among those in their own social networks.
HOW TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT
· Visit VIVAGLAM.com and click on the “Join Now” icon
· Follow the simple sign-up instructions and upload an image of yourself
· Your image will then transform into a sequin and become a part of the collective matrix of others who have also joined the movement-- each showcasing their own “Glam”
· Share the VIVA GLAM messages via email, your social networks; Facebook or Twitter in order to educate those in your circle about HIV/AIDS awareness and encourage them to join the movement
· The more each user shares the VIVA GLAM message, the more prominent their image within the circle and the larger their “Total Glam” become. When exploring the Glam or matrix, users can see their own and others “Total Glam” along with a history of their own efforts on behalf of the movement.
CELEBRATE THE MOVEMENT WITH LADY GAGA
To celebrate the efforts of all those who have joined the M·A·C VIVA GLAM movement, Lady Gaga’s friend and stylist, Nicola Formichetti will create a couture masterpiece composed of the fans’ images In the fall of 2011, Gaga will wear this piece of art to celebrate her fans and support HIV/AIDS awareness, the M·A·C AIDS Fund and VIVA GLAM.
The global platform is available in a total of nine languages including English, Chinese, Korean, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, French and Italian.
For additional information, visit www.vivaglam.com.
TWEET ABOUT IT
Relevant Twitter Handles: @LadyGaga
Relevant Hashtag: #MACVivaGlam
Shortened URL: http://ow.ly/4WJi6 (links to VivaGlam.com)
MAC Cosmetics + @LadyGaga invite U to help raise awareness of HIV/AIDS at VivaGlam.com. Join the movement: http://ow.ly/4WJi6 #MACVivaGlam [140 characters]
MAC Cosmetics + @LadyGaga invite you to help support MAC AIDS Fund at VivaGlam.com. Join the movement here: http://ow.ly/4WJi6 #MACVivaGlam [140 characters]
PURCHASE “BORN THIS WAY” AND DONATE $1 TO M·A·C AIDS FUND
M·A·C is thrilled to announce that Lady Gaga will donate $1 from the purchase price of each special edition album bought in North America via www.LadyGaga.com to the M·A·C AIDS Fund, supporting men, women and children around the world affected by HIV/AIDS.
ABOUT THE M·A·C AIDS FUND
The M·A·C AIDS Fund, the heart and soul of M·A·C Cosmetics, was established in 1994 to support men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS globally. MAF is a pioneer in HIV/AIDS funding, providing financial support to organizations working with underserved regions and populations. As the largest corporate non-pharmaceutical giver in the arena, MAF is committed to addressing the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS by supporting diverse organizations around the world that provide a wide range of services to people living with HIV/AIDS. To date, MAF has raised $218million (U.S) exclusively through the sale of M·A·C’s VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass, donating 100 percent of the sale price to fight HIV/AIDS. For more information visit www.macaidsfund.org.