This HUGE 51 piece collection from MAC for Fall 2011 has something for everyone. MAC Me Over was split into 3 sections and featured 6 REAL people. I really thought the concept was amazing, and hope it will be something that MAC continues to do in the future. Please right click HERE to open a new window and view the official press release.
From the MAC Me Over Collection I purchased:
* Peachstock Lipstick
* Illicit, Social Light, and Curvaceous Lipglass
* Plum Fun Lipglass*
* 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush
* Equilibrium Blush*
* Stunner Blush
* Lady Grey Quad
* Tundra Shadestick*
* Outre, Carbonized, and Mythical* Eye Shadow
* Avenue Fluidline
* Satin Taupe Eye Shadow (not pictured b/c it was a previously owned Pro Pan)
* Teddy Eye Kohl (not pictured b/c it was previously owned)
You can click the links above for details, swatches, pics and reviews on each product. Clicking the link WILL navigate you away from this page, but if you right click on the link it will prompt you to open a new window.
If I had to do it over, knowing what I do now I would NOT have purchased:
* 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush because it's not what I expected. I thought 226 meant it would be the same, or at least on the basis of the original, and it was not.
* Tundra Shadestick* though this was provided by PR it was not something I would have purchased on my own. I've never been a fan of shadesticks. I find shadows are easier to apply without them.
Things I probably didn't need:
* Peachstock Lipstick it's a nude... and it's very easy to wash someone out without a lipglass. But it's a nice peachy nude and I needed to get at least ONE lippie, right?!
* Social Light & Curvaceous Lipglass though these are happily not so sticky, I need more lip gloss like a hole in the head lol They aren't extremely unique, but dang they are PRETTY!
I'm happy I caved and bought:
* Mythical Eye Shadow* which was also provided by PR, it wasn't something that was on my original list. However when I tried it I was blown away by how pretty it was, and it's definitely one of the must have hot colors for Fall.
I wish I could have bought:
* Evil Eye Quad it's still available, but the bad reviews have kept me away from this one until I can check it out myself in person.
* Runaway Red Lipstick is sold out online, but I really don't need another red, since I rarely use red for a lip in my every day looks. Truthfully I just love the name.
Overall, the blushes are the big WIN for me in this collection. I use Stunner and Equilibrium daily since they've arrived and I'm so pleased with how versatile and fabulous they are. The Lady Grey quad also surprised me on how well it wore on the eye. Much better than swatches! Make sure you check that one out!
So, what did YOU get from MAC Me Over? If you didn't get a chance to purchase, what are you lemming? What are your thoughts?
An asterisk (*) after the name of a product in the list means it was provided by MAC PR for review and not personally purchased by me.