“LADY CHIC” GET GLOSSED
Ken Downing Adds Glossy Color to the Season’s Must Haves
NEW YORK, August 2011 – Neiman Marcus Senior Vice President and Fashion Director Ken Downing sets the trends. This Fall it’s all about rich and romantic Bordeaux, deep magentas and gloss! To ensure every lip would be glossed to the “nines,” Mr. Downing selected two “must have” lip shades to complete the season’s hottest trend: “Lady Chic.”
“Gloss is SEXY!,” exclaims Mr. Downing. “As the finishing touch to a perfectly painted lip or a sheer shimmer to a nude mouth, gloss gives GORGEOUS in three seconds flat.”
Drawing on a look of polished sophistication and a love for bold, wine hues, Mr. Downing adds two Lip Crème Lip Glosses to THE BORDEAUX COLLECTION, his second color collaboration with LE MÉTIER DE BEAUTÉ, and just in time for the holiday party season.
- Purple Haze (L) – Luminous berry mixed with light, creamy tones
- In the Know Bordeaux (R) – Scrumptious scarlet with seductive shine
A hybrid of gloss and lipstick, LIP CRÈME Lip Gloss combines chic color, anti-oxidants, intense emollients and rich shine for a creamy full-coverage that feels soft and feather-light on lips.
- Enriched with antioxidants A, C, and E
- Silky texture and easy glide formula
- Never heavy, stick or goopy
- Signature, serene vanilla fragrance
THE BORDEAUX COLLECTION, designed exclusively by Ken Downing for LE MÉTIER DE BEAUTÉ, also includes three exclusive sets of coordinating lipsticks and nail lacquers (SRP $49.set, available September 2011).
- Ken, Red My Lips (Lip) & Gypsy Rose Me (Nail) – Subtle reds with a blushing pinot undertones
- Ken’s Wine on the Vine (Lip) & Ken’s Bodacious Bordeaux (Nail) – Rich, crimson cabernets
- I’m Worn this Way (Lip) & Vintage Ken (Nail) – Bold berries with a deep grape undertones
TRENDING FALL 2011
According to Mr. Downing, the fall runways featured a return to polished sophistication and elegance. The message: “Lady Chic.” Ensemble dressing – elbow length gloves, a sexy pump and coordinating handbag look right for the fashion moment. This season, color is paramount. THE BORDEAUX COLLECTION is the one “must have” color for a Fall face.
In the Know Bordeaux and Purple Haze will be available November 2011, exclusively at Neiman Marcus and www.neimanmarcus.com.