If you know anything about Kiehl’s Since 1851, hopefully you know Mr. Bones, the life-size teaching skeleton and Kiehl’s icon who appears in our stores and imagery. The original Mr. Bones skeleton is the actual human skeleton used by founding family member, Aaron Morse during consultations to educate patrons on various ailments – and how our remedies would address them. Today, Mr. Bones represents Kiehl’s pharmacy heritage, commitment to customer service, education and science.
This summer, Kiehl’s is celebrating Mr. Bones with an interactive online and in-store project encompassing celebrity partners, a charitable donation, and customer interaction. We’ve partnered with 13 creative icons, and each was given free rein to design and build his or her own Mr. Bones, which will be on display at the seven New York metro-area Kiehl’s stores, June 2 through July 14th.
If you won’t be in New York during the project, we’ve also created a full online component, also launching June 2, through which Kiehl’s friends and fans nationwide can learn more about each partner and his or her design, virtually design their own Mr. Bones and enter to win Kiehl’s gifts. In addition, those visiting a Mr. Bones at any of our stores have the chance to Tweet to win, and even win instantly in the store: In total, we’re giving away 206 prizes, one for every bone in the human skeleton!
Our iconic partners, each of whom is participating on behalf of their chosen charity, are:
David Chang with Steve Keene
Olek (Agata Oleksiak)
For their participation in the project, $200,000 will be donated to organizations supporting Children, the Environment, and HIV/AIDS causes worldwide that were chosen by our partners. And, at the end of 2012, each of these Mr. Bones will be auctioned off to further benefit each charity.
As the 13 Mr. Bones launch in our stores on June 2, so does the online program:
- Photos and Videos from each partner describing their Mr. Bones will be available on https://www.facebook.com/KiehlsSince1851
- ON FACEBOOK: Visitors to https://www.facebook.com/KiehlsSince1851 will be able to personalize and style their own Mr. Bones, save it to the Kiehl’s gallery, and enter to win prizes including a $1,000 Kiehl’s gift card. Your personalized Mr. Bones can also be saved and shared on your own Facebook page.
- IN OUR STORES VIA TWITTER: Visitors who Tweet their check-in or photo of Mr. Bones from any retail store to @KiehlsNYC and include #MrBones and #KiehlsGives, can win prizes including a $500 Kiehl’s gift card.
- IN OUR STORES: Visitors who participate in a complimentary skin care consultation or 20-minute facial, or make a purchase at Kiehl’s New York metro-area stores will get a chance to win prizes including Kiehl’s gift cards (valued from $25 to $500) and full-size Kiehl’s products, T-shirts, and even a dermatologist visit with Kiehl’s consulting dermatologist Dr. Adam Geyer. To enter to win, guests will get to choose a Kiehl’s packette sample out of a box, and if it’s specially marked to win, they’ll win a prize!
The 13 Mr. Bones will be on display during store hours at the following Kiehl’s free-standing stores:
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, 109 Third Avenue, New York
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, 154 Columbus Avenue, New York
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, 841 Lexington Ave., New York
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, 400 W. 14th St., New York, NY
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, Roosevelt Field Mall, 630 Old Country Rd., Garden City, NY
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, Garden State Plaza, 355 Route 17 North, One Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ
· Kiehl’s Since 1851, The Mall at Short Hills, 1200 Morris Turnpike, Short Hills