Get the Look: Julianne Hough
event: Emmy Music Awards
makeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern for tarte
Inspiration: “I wanted her makeup to look as if she were a black and white photograph come to life.” –celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern for tarte cosmetics
- “I prepped Julianne’s skin with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to give the skin a deep infusion of moisture and glow.”
- Molly applied tarte’s cheek stain in loving in the hollows of her cheek and then topped off the apples with tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in exposed.
- To keep her eyes simple and fresh, Molly softened her lids with Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate to give a subtle yet dazzling glow.
- To finish the look, Molly filled her lips in with tarte’s LipSurgence matte lip tint in exposed and then pressed tarte’s glamazon pure performance 12-hour lipstick in pure over top. “I wanted to make sure the color had a matte finish to keep with the overall softness of the look.”
Get the Look: Allison Williams
event: Emmy Awards
makeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris for tarte
Inspiration: “Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip.” –celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris for tarte cosmetics
- Julie prepped her complexion with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to hydrate and protect Allison’s skin.
- Then she applied clean slate poreless 12-hr perfecting primer to ensure her foundation lasted for the red carpet.
- Next, she blended tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation in light to medium to add a subtle glow and warmth to her complexion.
- To conceal any uneven skin and to highlight around her eyes, she used tarte’s maracuja waterproof creaseless concealer in light.
- To add extra radiance, Julie highlighted her brow and cheekbones with maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight.
- Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in blissful to the apples of her cheeks.
- She finished with a hint of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in amused and lightly dusted Amazonian clay finishing powder on her t-zone to minimize shine for the red carpet.
- To open her eyes, Julie curled her long lashes with tarte’s picture perfect eyelash curler.
- Then she smoothed clean slate 360 creaseless 12-hr smoothing eye primer so her shadow would stay put all night.
- In order to bring out her blue eyes, she applied Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in seashell pink on the lids.
- To add a bit of drama, she created a thin line with mutiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner at the lashline and slightly up at the outer corners.
- Then she blended canopy eyeshadow from tarte's amazon escape Amazonian clay eye and cheek palette in the creases and in the bottom lashlines to give a soft, smoky look.
- To bring a subtle brightness, she highlighted the inner corners of her eyes with the bright side double-ended eye brightener.
- To finish, she applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 mascara on the top and bottom lashes.