This is the second year that Estée Lauder has teamed up with Michael Kors to create the ultimate in purchase with purchase gift sets. The catch? In order to purchase the set, you have to make an Estée Lauder fragrance purchase. I don't like EL fragrance, and unfortunately don't know anyone who does, so I missed out on the sets from last year.
This year, when we put together our Wish Lists for Makeup Wars, my mom read about my plight and decided to hook me up with the best gift everrrrrrr. The Estée Lauder Michael Kors Set from Macy's! She found some loophole where she just needed to make a purchase (on the website) rather than the $55.00 purchase that in store is asking for. My momma is a smart cookie. WOOOOO!
What the Macy's website has to say about the contents of the Estée Lauder Michael Kors Set:
This set includes:
- Deluxe Blush Compact containing PC Blush in Soulful Spice Shimmer, Brazen Bronze Shimmer & Lover's Blush Shimmer
- NEW Pure Color Lipstick - Cherry Passion
- Pure Color Gloss - Garnet Desire Shimmer
- Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara in Extreme Black
- NEW PC Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Blackened Black
- NEW PC Nail Lacquer in Enchanted Garnet
- Black Michael Kors Case with new applicator
- (A $200 value)
- Quantities limited. Special purchase available while supplies last. Minimum purchase amount for special offer does not include Gift Card purchases, tax, shipping or gift wrap charges.
- One gift per customer. Available while supplies last.
(L-R: Nail Polish, Lipstick & Gloss, Lipstick, Gloss, Cheek palette blended, three cheek colors separate, mascara, liner)
I adore everything in this set. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the lip colors, since they swatch and wear fuchsia. However, I managed to make it my own by dabbing on the lipstick to create a bit of a stain and then dabbed some of the gloss over top. (results are below).
The eye look below was used by layering MAC Nubile Paint Pot, MAC Idyllic Paint Pot and Chanel Beige Lame Eyeshadow over the paint pots and the black EL liner from the set. The mascara is one coat of EL from the set.
All of the products were of great quality and even if you still have to purchase a fragrance next year, I'm going to suck it up and get one just to get another one of these sets.