Beautisol Self-Tanning Mousse with Pure Scent Technology is the latest in at home tanning products. With the awesome track record Beautisol has with their self-tanners, I was really excited to unbox this product and give it a go!
What the Beautisol website says about the Self-Tanning Mousse:
What it is:
This Value System includes our fast drying self-tanning mousse with our Easy Application Mitt for fast and flawless results every time.
- 4.7 fl. oz. Medium Mousse self-tanner for Body – Women’s Health pick
- Easy Application Mitt – Cosmopolitan Mag. Must Have
- FREE Application guide
What it does:
- You get our super fast drying, long-lasting, natural-looking medium tan with our odor eliminating technology - Pure Scent
- The color correcting pigments with guide color gives an immediate bronzing effect so you look tan and gorgeous instantly
- Moisturizes & nourishes your skin with anti-aging properties
- Fast, Flawless and easy application with the patented Easy Application Mitt
- Makes you feel even more gorgeous and ready for anything
- Paraben-free, propylene glycol-free, sodium laurel/laureth sulfate-free, and cruelty-free (PETA certified)
It blows my mind how well this works. I used three pumps on the included application mitt to do the bottom half of my leg and the results were nearly immediate. I was worried the medium/dark shade would be too much but as it developed the tan was natural and even. No streaks, no odor, just perfection.
I posted comparison shots on my Instagram and you can see how the right side is darker than the left. In the future, since I know this looks good and I will use it, I would probably apply another layer the next day to deepen the tan. This is so perfect for when your outfit requires a bit of color on your skin and is much safer than the sun!
This is safe to apply to the face and the mitt is washable with soap and water (let it air dry).
Some tips for self-tanning from Beautisol:
- Before - Wax 24 hours in advance, shave 12 hours in advance; avoid deodorants, perfumes and oils during application; exfoliate; apply lotion to dry areas (knees, elbows, heels); use Beautisol's application mitt (for real, you really should it does make a difference); self-tan before bed time so the tan can develop as you sleep.
- After - avoid wearing anything tight while the tan develops; don't let water hit your skin for 6-8 hours after you apply the product; pat dry after showering; exfoliate 3 days after self-tanning so the color will fade evenly.
*** Products provided by iFabbo through their SHOP program. All opinions on this product are my own and 100% honest. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.