Whether you're a mom, have a mom, know a mom... maybe you're married to a mom?! This post is set to give you what I consider to be the best of the best to pamper that special lady in your life on Mother's Day. Even though women should be appreciated every day, all day... year round (mother or not) Mother's Day is that special Hallmark holiday where you are reminded to show Mom just how much you care.
Regardless of your budget it's definitely possible to celebrate your mom with these options:
- The most important thing Mom wants? She wants you to recognize this special day. Make a phone call, send a card (if possible give her a card in person!) - if you're a dad reading this have the kids make her things. I loveeeeee when my kids make me things. Their creations are all over my house and I'll keep them there forever to show their girlfriends/boyfriends/kids in the future!
- The Sherrieblossom ICEbOX. Yeah, I know it's expensive. BUT, if you have the budget for it (or just want to spoil someone with a little luxury) any woman in your life wants this. The quality cannot be touched and this makeup organizer looks stunning on any counter-top or vanity. I personally would rather have a product that'll last a long time then something junky that'll crack, scratch or break within a year.
- LUSH has an entire line of Mother's Day goodies to bestow upon your momma! Splurge on the 'MUM' set or go budget friendly with these smaller options.
- Monthly Subscription Services. There are so many out there that would be perfect for mom, some are only $10 a month! NatureBox, POPSUGAR Must Have, Wantable, Birchbox, ipsy, Beauty Box 5, Glossybox (hint, the MAY GLOSSYBOX is curated with Bergdorf Goodman AND in each box is a $25.00 Gift Card to Bergdorf Goodman! That makes this deal AMAZING!)... and so many more!
- Tatcha has a full, luxurious line of skin care. There is a Mother's Day Gift Set available, but some of my faves are the Indigo Soothing Silk Hand Cream & Gold Camellia Moisturizing Lip Balm. I have my eye on the Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream!
- Jewelry. All moms love the jewelry - whether it's the macaroni necklace you made in 5th period art class or a bauble from Tiffany's, momma is happy. Or you could sign her up for JewelMint to make her remember that you're her favorite kid every single month.
- Pampering. Pamper this woman! Send her off for a mani/pedi/blowout and while she's gone clean the house (or cook a meal). When she gets back from her relaxing day have a gift basket of awesome spa items ready for her to continue on through the night. L’Occitane has 8 gift sets ranging from $85-$25!
- Keepsakes. Hands in cement. I can't tell you how obsessed I am with my kids itty bitty hand prints. They won't be that little forever, so get the digits and tootsies plastered in cement or something that you can look at forever and smile. You can even have them made into a stepping stone for a garden or walk way. Kits can be found at Walmart, Michaels... many more places than you'd realize!
- Swag. Get mom a cute beach tote and fill it with items like lip balm, lotions (basically any SPF type beachy faves), sunglasses, magazines, floppy hat, towel... I'm partial to this tote by Tory Burch!
- IOU. This may be the most informative thing you'll ever read. Your mom loves when you do stuff for her. Duh, clearly, since she's always asking you to do stuff. BUT with IOU books you're promising to do things like clean the kitchen, wash the car.. etc. Chores that mom hates doing and tires of having to yell about. I die for the day my kids hand me an IOU book.
How do you gift on Mother's Day? Do you go all out sparing no expense or focus more on gifts from the heart?