*Press Sample/Affiliate Links
What is binge masking? Binge is to do something in excess and masking is, in this case, pertaining to multiple face masks. So, like, if your skin feels really tight and dry you might want a moisturizing mask BUT maybe you want to deal with the pores on your nose. You might use two, three (or more!) masks to combat those things either separately or at the same time. In this post I'm going to share my favorite masks to binge with, what I like to use them for and what order I use them in!
First things first. The masks currently in my rotation. Right now I have a couple of my favorites still in there (a few I need to repurchase, like the LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask) as well as a few new items that were recently sent to me. For the new items sent to me I can tell you that so far I do like them but it's obviously too early to tell about any type of long-term effect.
My OG Masks
- GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment ($69.00 // Sephora). My fave detox for my acne-prone and oily skin! When I get a cystic acne breakout (which are thankfully rare anymore) I swear to you this works better than a prescription gel!
- Fresh Face Masks. I have several of these that I'm into. My faves for binge-masking are the Rose Face Mask, the Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask and the Black Tea Perfecting Mask.
- Sephora Sheet Masks. I love the Lotus and Green Tea the best! Only $6! They're not too wet but they have enough product so that there is some left to massage into your face when you take it off.
- Perricone Cocoa Moisture Mask ($69.00 // Sephora). Great for all skin types to add moisture to the skin and help with fine lines and wrinkles. So far I've only tried it once, but I think it's on track to be a new HG!
- Perricone Chloro Plasma Purifying Mask ($80.00 // Sephora). This one provides a deep detox for your skin to fix improve anything - texture, pores, fine lines, dull skin. I can't wait to see what this one does over time!
- The Body Shop Drops of Youth Liquid Peel ($25.00 // The Body Shop). Not so much a mask but it's more affordable than most of the others and so far is doing a fabulous job of getting rid of dead skin cells and making my skin look better.
I always start out with something to get at pores/blackheads/detox like the GLAMGLOW, Fresh Black Tea, The Body Shop Drops of Youth or Perricone MD Chloro Plasma. Sometimes I even do Fresh Black Tea after GLAMGLOW or Drops of Youth.
Next I do the Fresh Vitamin Nectar mask or one of the Sephora Sheet Masks.
I finish it off with something moisturizing like the Fresh Rose Face Mask or the Perricone Cocoa Moisture Mask.
There is really no actual order that is right or wrong, this is just what I like to do on a night where I feel like indulging in myself.
Shop This Post
(click the images below to shop!)
What are your favorite face masks? Do you binge mask? See what the other Makeup Wars Bloggers are loving by clicking the icons below!