I started off strong with my 2016 Best of Hair post, thinking I could do all sorts of posts to show you my fave items from the past year... and then the holidays happened and we were SO sick over Christmas and New Years that I dropped the ball. BUT that doesn't mean I still can't share my favorites with you.
My 2016 skincare faves are obviously still my current faves (I can't change that fast!!) so I want to share them with you. Some categories I have several faves and some I just have my tried and true HG products.
For reference my skin is an oil slick to the fullest extent (particularly in the t-zone) and I'm incredibly acne prone on my cheeks and chin. My cheeks tend to get dry in the winter time but at the top part (where you'd highlight) it still gets a bit shiny.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover ($7.99 // ULTA Beauty). My favorite eye makeup remover! It's budget friendly and gets the job done just as well as any other eye makeup remover on the market - no matter how expensive! (original review)
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O ($16.90 // Beautylish). In an effort to save money I tried similar products from Garnier and Simple. They didn't do anywhere NEAR as good of a job as the Bioderma. When you're looking for a Micellar Water to get the job done in one pass this is your only option.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup ($38.00 // Sephora). Everyone sings the praises of Clinique but Bye Bye Makeup gets the job done for me AND it smells like orange cookies!
- CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleanser Cloths ($8.99 // ULTA Beauty). I like to use these in the AM as a refresher to get dirt and oils off before I apply my makeup, or in the evening when I haven't worn makeup all day and I'm just being lazy AF. I also like the Murad Clarifying Wipes, but the CeraVe work the same and are a lot cheaper.
- Murad Clarifying Cleanser ($30.00 // Sephora). This has been a go-to for over 5 years. Nothing tops it for me, not even from their own line. It helped to get me out of a major acne funk! (original review)
- Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser ($13.00 // Paula's Choice). I started to use this in November and I love how my skin feels after. PLUS no breakouts! I can't say my pores are "normal" but does anyone think theirs are?
- Pixi Glow Tonic To-Go ($18.00 // Target). I have to admit, I'm REALLY bad at remembering/wanting to do toner. When I do have at it I usually go for this one because the toner is already pre-soaked on individual pads and it's like half the work is done for you!
- Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion ($42.00 // Nordstrom). This is great if you're acne prone. It's not so great at being incredibly moisturizing so I don't use it through the winter.
- Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer ($7.99 // Target). Mostly I use this during the day this past winter. I love how moisturizing it is and it preps my skin well for makeup. Now that my acne is more under control I'll probably stick with it more vs the Kate Somerville.
- Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer ($65.00 // Nordstrom). This is light-weight but still moisturizing enough so that you don't wake up with dry face. I use this at night, year-round.
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream ($60.00 // Sephora). I just received a sample size of this in my January Sephora Play box and I love how it feels on my skin. It goes on like it's thick but absorbs quickly. Much needed this winter. I figured it was worth mentioning since when my sample is out I'm buying the full size. Before I got this I used the Cosmedix Emulsion Intense Hydrator during the winter and really liked that, too!
- First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Eye Cream ($32.00 // Sephora). My under eye area gets SO DRY that even during the day I have to use something before I put on my makeup or you can see the dry patches after I put on my foundation. This cream is smooth and not heavy but moisturizes enough so that my makeup looks a lot more flawless.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Cream ($48.00 // Sephora). This is what I've been using lately and it feels fabulous. I feel like it's really been helping with my fine lines.
- Cosmedix Eye Doctor ($130.00 // Cosmedix). This is perfect for night time and is one of those treatments you can actually feel working. Plus it's got a really fun color to it. ;) Because it's so pricey I only use it once or twice a week.
- Fresh Rose Face Mask ($62.00 // Sephora). This mask has been essential for keeping my face hydrated this winter and it's perfect for use in the tub (where sheet masks tend to just slide off of me lol). I rotate this one and the Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask.
- GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment ($69.00 // Sephora). I had a major issue with GLAMGLOW because I had tried a sample of something and it burned like no other. When I got a sample of this in a Sephora PLAY! box I was nervous to try it... but I'm so glad I did because I LOVE every thing about it! Enough that I bought a full size!
- LUSH Catastrope Cosmetic ($8.95 // LUSH). Priced right and super effective at calming my skin and sucking out impurities.
- Sephora Collection Face Mask ($6.00 // Sephora). I've mentioned these before but at $6 each I'm obsessed with how they make my skin look and feel. Plus, they fit my face well, they're not too wet and don't fall off while I'm watching TV! My faves are Green Tea and Lotus.
- YES TO Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Paper Mask ($3.29 // ULTA Beauty). So these HURT. I don't find them to be particularly pleasant to use... BUT don't you know the darn things work?! When I notice my face is angrier than usual I pop one on, leave it on for as long as I can (which is like the 30 longest seconds of my life) and the next morning my face isn't perfect, but much more regulated.
- Yes to Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub ($6.99 // Target). I use this in the shower 2-3 times a week. You can do it every day but my skin can border on sensitive. I don't really notice a difference in pores but it does a fabulous job of gently exfoliating.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment ($65.00 // Nordstrom). Before buying the Yes to scrub this is the one I used once or twice a week and I'd still go back to it. It also does a fabulous job!
- Paula's Choice RESIST Vitamin C Spot Treatment ($55.00 // Paula's Choice). This product has been wonderful at fading my acne scars and melasma spots. They're not completely gone but there's been a major different since I started to use this in November.
- Paula's Choice RESIST Brightening Essence ($42.00 // Paula's Choice). This is meant to be used twice daily but I only use it once. I love how it makes my skin feel and when I forget to use it I can definitely tell a difference in my skin the next day, and not for the better!
- Murad Eye Lift Firming Treatment ($68.00 // Sephora). Sometimes if I'm slacking and my eyes look and feel extra dry I like to do this treatment to really amp up moisture and get myself back on track.
- LUSH Mint Julips ($10.95 // LUSH). Completely tasty and effective lip scrub. A long-time fave!
- MAC Lip Scrubtious ($16.00 // Nordstrom). A new addition to the MAC line I found these to be a new fave because it feels gentle but still leaves my lips feeling soft and nourished.
- Clarisonic Mia Fit ($219.00 // Sephora). This size is perfect. I loved my other Clarisonic but the Mia Fit is handheld perfection. The Clarisonic in general is a must-have for cleansing your skin and I haven't ever found anything better.
- Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x ($449.00 // Sephora). Pricey, but effective. If you're in the market to remove unwanted body hair yourself this is the ticket. It's cheaper than going to a salon and when you're done you can sell it to a friend when they see how smooth you are ;) (original review)
- Silk'N Flash&Go Express ($299.99 // Bed, Bath & Beyond). My favorite for removing body hair on smaller areas. It's a lot easier to hold than the Tria making certain areas (face, underarms) easier to tackle. (original review)
- Aveeno Body Wash ($6.49 // Target). ANY of them. They feel and smell amazing! Top fave scents are the new Apricot and Honey Yogurt Body Wash and the Stress Relief.
- LUSH Charity Pot ($27.95 // LUSH). I love how cooling this it. I primarity use it in the Summer if I happen to get a little too red at the pool. It's perfect for soothing and moisturizing.
- The Body Shop Body Butter ($21.00 // The Body Shop). LOVING how moisturizing this is for winter. I've been using it after a bubble bath since I got it several months ago and plan to repurchase once it's gone!
- Aquation Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($7.15 // Walmart). I got this in a beauty box, I forget which one =\ But it's unscented and very moisturizing. I've been using it quite a bit this winter.
- Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Cream ($5.29 // ULTA Beauty). When my hands are super dry and hurt during the day I always reach for this, and have for a few years!
- Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream ($11.99 // CVS). This is perfect for nighttime because it's moisturizing and soaks in quickly.
I think that covers everything! I didn't mention any oils for my face because I haven't really found any that I'm liking just yet. Some I like but not enough to want to use them continuously because they're making a difference. Any recs for my skin type?
I'm excited to see how my skincare regime will change and grow for 2017. It's amazing how many products are essential - I didn't even realize I used so many until I began drafting this post!