One of my favorite things to see during the many weeks of "Fashion Week" are the MAC Cosmetics face charts. In celebration of being backstage at 34 Fashion Weeks (sidebar who knew there were so many?!) MAC Cosmetics has teamed up with three of their most distinguished artists - Diane Kendal, James Kaliardos, and Kabuki - to showcase each artist's signature style in one (rather large) collection.
I had a few of the items from each artist sent to me so I'm going to talk a little about them below and then talk about what I need to pick up at the end!
Diane Kendal features three 6 pan palettes, four Kajal Crayons, two MAC Studio Quicktrik Sticks and one makeup brush.
- Cover Me MAC Studio Conceal & Correct Palette ($40.00). This has 6 shades of concealer in Lightest, Light, Light Medium, Medium, Medium Dark and Darkest. Perfect if you're an artist in need of several concealer shades in one place or if you enjoy doing your contour and highlight with concealer shades.
- Flourish Me Beautiful Kajal Crayon ($18.00). A stunning shade of deep purple-plum that works well as an all-over lid color or liner.
- Opulash Mascara ($18.00). The shade is called Flighty and it's a deep burgundy. I love using this over-top of a black mascara. It might just be in my head, but a colorful mascara like this really seems to make my eyes pop.
- 230SE Brush ($25.00). A multi-purpose detailing brush that I love to use for applying concealer, lip color, eye colors.. the sky is the limit!
James Kaliardos features four Lipsticks, two Tricolor Lipglass, two Into the Well Eye Shadow, two Pressed Pigment, one Lash, two Full Face Kits and two Brushes.
- Lipstick ($17.00). Two shades are shown in Jasper (deep reddish brown, satin) and Bloodstone (bluish midtone red, amplified).
- #50 Small Cluster Lash ($17.00). Two lengths available in one package. I love the little clusters like this because it gives you the ability to get just enough lash and exactly where you require it - no trimming required!
Kabuki features four Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour, two Crystal Glaze Gloss, one Powder Blush Duo, a Dazzleshadow Quad, an Eyeshadow Quad, four Paints, one Lash and two Kabuki Magic Brushes.
- The Best of Everything Eye Shadow x 4 ($32.00). A limited edition palette with the shades Sense of Doubt (dark charcoal grey, satin), Johnny Guitar (mid-tone neutral grey, matte), Trog (neutral mauve-brown, matte) and Love on the Run (light purplish-grey, matte). This is a great quad for wetting down the shade and using as an eye liner palette. Trog is especially gorgeous as an eye shadow, though!
- Kabuki Magic Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour ($21.00). This shade is in Fallen Angel and it's described as a matte deep berry.
- 210SE Precision Brush ($). Perfect for precise lid shading, crease or under the lower lash line. Cut crease seems big this year sooooo... yeah. You'll need this.
- #51 Lash ($17.00). Wispy, natural and winged. Super flirty and easily wearable.
What I need ASAP are THOSE PAINTS from Kabuki... ok basically everything from Kabuki and the two Tricolor Lipglass from James Kaliardos.
The MAC Make-up Art Cosmetics Collection is available NOW online at maccosmetics.com and in select MAC locations.