*Press Sample/Affiliate Links
Did you ever look at your favorite Maybelline Eyeshadow Palette and think that you’d really like to have one or two of your favorite shades in single form? The time is now. Introducing the Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow ($3.99 // ULTA Beauty).
While the 20 currently available shades of Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow aren’t “technically” straight from the palettes (TBH I think the quality is even better) they’re similar to a lot of colors that would be considered, IMO, the heavy favorites.
I have 16 of the 20 shades to swatch and share with you. All of the numbers end in an “S” but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a “satin” or a “shimmer”. I described them to the best of my ability below (most are self-explanatory because of their names) and also using the finishes provided by the ULTA Beauty website.
- 30S Seashell // light seashell pink matte (this has been ultimate for my brow bone highlight)
- 40S Nude Glow // taupe metallic
- 60S The Glow Down // light, vintage gold metallic
- 70S Cool Cocoa // light brown shimmer
- 75S Khaki Camo // khaki pearl
- 80S Forest Green // forest green pearl
- 90S Gold School // bright gold metallic
- 100S Vanilla // white pearl
- 110S Night Sky // black matte
- 120S Acid Rain // royal blue shimmer
- 130S Teal the Deal // bright teal matte
- 140S Made for Mocha // brown matte
- 150S NY Silver // silver metallic
- 160S Purple Daze // pinky lavender pearl
- 180S Fierce Fuchsia // bright, hot pink matte
- 190S Raw Ruby // blackened purple shimmer
Review: The Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadows are described as being “creamy rich eyeshadow that features super saturated color that lasts up to 14 hours”.
Quality wise I found the matte shades to be on the dry side, but still impressively pigmented (FYI Raw Ruby and Fierce Fuchsia were the driest & least pigmented of this bunch) for a drugstore matte eye shadow and I had no problems working with them on the eye. The other finishes were creamy, pigmented and easy to apply. Each eye look I did using these shadows lasted all day long over primer.
16 of the shades are swatched below – dry and on bare skin (no primer):
For the look below I used five of the Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow shades in 100S Vanilla, 30S Seashell, 40S Nude Glow, 70S Cool Cocoa and 190S Raw Ruby.
What shades of Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow will you pick up? My favorites are Seashell, Nude Glow, The Glo Down, Cool Cocoa, Khaki Camo, Vanilla, Night Sky, Acid Rain, Made for Mocha and NY Silver.