*I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #swissherbs – All opinions remain honest and my own.
Since I was a lil thing I’ve had the allergies. To be quite dramatic about it allergies can be suffocating. How can you feel and look beautiful with allergies? Your eyes are droopy and feel tired… you feel tired because actual breathing is a thing of the past. Since it’s Spring and we just had Earth Day a few days ago (and April is also Earth Month) I thought it’d be perfect timing to share the items I like to keep on hand to help me feel and look beautiful throughout allergy season.
1. Water.Oh, was that obvious? Cool. Spring/Allergy season is probably the only time out of the year where I actually drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day. Because room temperature water feels the most soothing to me when I’m having an attack (and let’s be honest room temp water is foul) I like to add in some lemon or lime to help amp up the flavor. Lemon is also good for soothing the throat. I also drink tea like it’s my job (and I’m such a coffee girl).
2.Ricola® Herb & Throat Drops. Speaking of soothing the throat the Ricola® Herb & Throat Drops are great for keeping your throat from feeling too dry or scratchy and also help boost natural immunities. Preventing sickness is important because who wants to deal with allergies and also being sick. In my case if I get sick, then my kids get sick and we pass it would for months. No thanks. Chrüterchraft is the secret of the 10-herb blend, and this is what differentiates Ricola® from other cough drops. I keep a couple of the Ricola® in random makeup bags, purses, the car, coat pockets.. etc. Just in case.
3. Beige Eye Liner. You want to help neutralize redness and keep it natural looking. Wide-eyed. Color-wise you can even go as light as cream, but don’t go white. I feel like white is overkill and you want to look awake, not like a baby doll. I love the NYX Wonder Pencil.
4. Curling Mascara. Eyelash curlers do absolutely nothing for me. I have a slight curl as it is so I tend to focus more on finding a mascara to accentuate what I already have going on that will last all day to keep my eyes looking open without the product running down my face as my eyes water. My faves are Milani Total Lash Cover and Benefit Roller Lash.
5. Light Eye Shadow. Today is not the day for a smokey eye of any kind. One shade of light and slightly shimmery is what we’re doing for. Recently I’ve fallen in love with Burberry Pale Barley Eyeshadow because it’s got just enough shimmer to brighten and just enough color to enhance my eyes. Stay away from anything pink toned… it’ll just make you look even more miserable and sick.
6.Lip Balm. As gross as it is to say this… when you’re stuffy you breathe through your mouth more than normal. This dries out your lips which is something that I personally can’t stand. When my lips are dry it feels like all of the skin that is covering my entire body is peeling off. I know you guys get me. I love Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in the Shea Butter & Vitamin E when I’m sick.
7.Bold Lips. When in doubt, distract. Eyes are watery and puffy and we do all we can to look presentable. Distract every one you come into contact with immediately by rocking a shiny bold lip. Great bold lip colors can be found in any drugstore or department store – I personally love Urban Decay Sheer Slowburn around this time of year. Exfoliate before applying so you don’t get flakes… that’s a negative distraction that comes with the aforementioned mouth breathing and it’s not okay.
8.Cover the Red. Redness is probably blotching up all over your face in the most random of places. A product like IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme will work to completely conceal all that unwanted pigment your skin will be boasting.
9. Stylish Kleenex. Ohhh, now we’re just getting silly 😉 No, seriously, Betsey Johnson recently designed some tissue boxes and they are soooo pretty! There’s even little sizes to keep in your purse. Stylish on the road, y’all!
How do you get through allergy season? Share your tips with me below, I’m always looking to try new things to help!
*I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #swissherbs – All opinions remain honest and my own. For more info on Ricola visit them on Facebook & Twitter.