In August I “schooled” you in the Top 10 Products to Take Back to School. Last week, for Makeup Wars, I shared the Spring 2015 line from my favorite drugstore brand – Milani. Today, for Top 10 Tuesday, I’m sharing my Top 10 Drugstore Makeup Products.
This topic is beyond broad, which is why I kept it strictly makeup and didn’t venture into any nail product, hair product, body care etc. There are also WELL more than 10 top makeup products in the drugstore right now. I picked the 10 below just off the top of my head and then realized after I took the pics I forgot one of my all-time favorite lip products – L’Oreal Paris Nude Ballet Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick. So, while this list show’s some of my faves out of the drugstore, it’s not comprehensive and also not in any particular order.
(1) Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup ($13.99 // Target). This foundation is my absolute favorite liquid foundation from the drugstore. The formula, coverage, feel… every thing about it is perfect… except the glass bottle it comes in. It makes it difficult to get the product out to use, however if changing the bottle means that the formula would apply differently for whatever reason… I’ll suck it up and keep the glass. Because it’s that good. See it here.
(2) Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick ($7.99 // Target). Not all lip color sticks are created equal and Neutrogena has some of the best. I’ve loved every single shade I’ve tried. The one pictured above is in Rich Raisin. See it here.
(3) Eddie Funkhouser Hyperreal Eye Color Palette ($14.99 // Rite-Aid). These quads contain shadows with that perfect formula, with shades that all work well together and wear all day. The shade shown in the photo is Bedroom Eyes. See it here. Eddie Funkhouser is only available at some Rite-Aid stores. If yours isn’t one of them you can shop online here.
(4) Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara ($5.49 // CVS). This mascara will be in every single round-up for life, whether it’s drugstore or overall. It’s hands down the best mascara I’ve ever come across from $1.00 up to $50.00. Nothing else thickens, lengthens, curls and just makes my eyes look quite as wonderful. When I add more oomph and layer mascaras this one is ALWAYS the base. If you buy anything in life, this should be it. See it here. You can also purchase Milani at some Walgreens locations or online at milanicosmetics.com.
(5) Milani Rose Powder Blush ($7.99 // CVS). The shade shown in the photo is Romantic Rose and it’s a part of the Spring 2015 line-up. See it here. You can also purchase Milani at some Walgreens locations or online at milanicosmetics.com.
(6) PIXI Beauty Shea Butter Lip Balm ($8.00 // Target). Just Shea Butter Lip Balm all the things and call it a day. These apply with a lot of slip and feel so amazing. Lots of moisture in this tube, a yummy vanilla scent and gorgeous tints of color. The shade shown in the photo is Coral Crush. See it here and other shades here.
(7) Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm ($2.99 // Target). If you want to go neon on your mouth but aren’t quite there yet Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm is the way to go. It boasts a very sheer pop of color, lots of moisture and a sugary scent. That price is pretty awesome, too! The shade shown in the photo is Pink Shock. See it here.
(8) Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow ($5.29 // Target). Oh come on. You knew these were coming as much as you knew I’d put the Milani mascara in here 😉 I love the Color Tattoo’s because they can be worn as an eyeshadow base without the help of any other primer. My lids are super oily and these never crease on me. The shade shown in the photo is Sleek & Spice. See it here. That shade may not be around anymore, I’m not 100% on that. It’s just a taupe color which it what I’d gravitate towards. Chocolate Suede is pretty close.
(9) L’Oreal 24hr Infallible Eye Shadow ($6.39 // Target). Like the Color Tattoos these hold my shadows in place all day without creasing, however with the Infallible the shades apply more metallic on me. When I want a metallic look, I absolutely reach for these products. The shade shown in the photo is Purple Priority. See it here.
(10) L’Oreal Silkissime Eyeliner ($7.99 // Target). So far this is the only drugstore liner that lives in my waterline longer than an hour. It glides on smoothly and this particular shade is perfect for amping up any eye look. It’s a 2015 mission to buy all the shades available! My only beef is that there isn’t a chocolatey brown color. The shade shown in the photo is Cobalt Blue. See it here.
What are some of your favorite drugstore beauty products? See what the other bloggers love by clicking the icons below!