Press Sample/Affiliate Links
A lot of times a bloggers makeup look is done based around what product needs testing and photographed. It’s always fun to try new things but it takes a lot more thought to come up with what’s going on your face (I guess the struggle is real?). On days when I’m working on editing and content or that I need to quickly get out the door I opt for the neutral and easy to use products that I know will do what I need them to do and stick around all day. For this weeks Makeup Wars we decided to share our favorite products that we use for getting out the door all fast and flawless-like.
In the photos and list below I’ve put together a sampling of what I like to grab when I’m moving fast. Of course, a few color products get switched out depending on my mood but for the most part this is it!
- Urban Decay Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28.00 // Buy It // Review). When I said I wanted to bathe my entire body in this to make it flawless I wasn’t kidding. If money were endless I’d legit do it. It’s creamy and easy to apply and buff over skin sins so that you can play people and pretend like breakouts don’t happen to you.
- Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($42.00 // Buy It // Review). When you need more coverage this is where it’s at. I love how this makes the skin appear flawless but doesn’t look or feel heavy at all.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Eye Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream ($29.00 // Buy It // Review). When you first look at the product as it comes out of the tube and put it on your face it seems like it won’t do anything… but then you tap it in and smooth it over your undereye area and perfection happens. I cannot ever live without this again. And I won’t. It’s another thing I just want to bathe in. Tip: Do not use too much of this at once! There is a fine shimmer within the formula so it’s easy to over-do it. Add a bit at a time and then apply more if you need to.
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation ($35.00 // Buy It // Review). Recently I’ve been using the Illumination Celebration Foundation (which is what is pictured) and it’s a bit more glowy than the regular one, but in the Winter I’m into that. I loved this powder foundation so much I made it my Favorite Foundation of 2014!
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow ($68.00 // Buy It // Review). This duo makes it quick and easy to sculpt and highlight without looking harsh or overdone. Especially when you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to blend and inspect over and over.
- Charlotte Tilbury First Love Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush ($40.00 // Buy It // Review). First Love is the perfect shade for me to wear every day because it’s neutral and makes me feel like I have a bit of a tan glow without feeling orange. Nicely pigmented and easy to apply and blend – all of these blushes will eventually be mine!
- NARS Porto Venere Eye Paint ($25.00 // Buy It // Review). This particular shade released with the Spring 2015 Collection but I’ve been a fan since the NARS Eye Paints since they came out. The more colorful shades offer fabulous pigment and all of the ones that I tried keep my shadows crease free without having to use a secondary primer. Another I reach for quite often is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I use the anti-aging one because I need all the help I can get! ($24.00 // Buy It).
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette ($29.00 // Buy It // Review). Of the two Naked Basics palettes currently available the first release is my favorite. I really thought I’d be more into the second with the mauvey-taupes but I reach for the first much more to create a neutral, every day eye.
- Marc Jacobs Ro(cocoa) Highliner Gel Eye Crayon ($25.00 // Buy It // Review). These liners have fabulous staying power even in the waterline and never run. Ro(cocoa) is a lovely chocolate bronze that works with so many different looks. If you only ever buy one of them, this one should be it.
- Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara ($5.49 // Buy It // Review). My go-to must have mascara since foreverrrrr. I use it in almost every single look so I’m sure you’ve seen it around here once or twice. 😉
- MAC Myself Lipstick ($16.00 // Buy Similar // Review). Myself came out with the A Novel Romance Collection. It looks boring but it’s truly beautiful and one I find myself reaching for quite often. It’s that perfect pinky nude shade that’s on the sheer side, but adds something to the lips that’s just enough. Myself was limited edition but another favorite MAC lippie of mine, which is permanent and similar to Myself, is MAC Patisserie Lipstick (buy it here).
- IT Cosmetics YBBB Brow Power Skinny Universal Pencil ($24.00 // Buy It // Review). My go-to brow pencil to create the illusion that I actually have brows! I’ve gone on about this a lot before, so I’ll spare you, but know that it’s quick and easy to use. (not pictured – recently featured in Top 10 Brow Products).
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel ($22.00 // Buy It // Review). This is a fabulous clear brow gel that nicely grooms brows but doesn’t distribute too much product. (not pictured – recently featured in Top 10 Brow Products).
All of the stuff above is what I’m wearing in the pic below which I guess you can call my “Valentine’s Day Look” because it’s what I wore to help out at my son’s school party. The only difference is I’m wearing red lipstick for Valentine’s Day but when I got home I used MAC Myself when I went out again. The red lipstick is Urban Decay Sheer Slowburn ($22.00 // Buy It).
What products do you use in your go-to, fast and easy/daily makeup look? Check out what the other Makeup Wars bloggers are loving by clicking the icons below!
*Some products featured in this post were received as press samples and are marked as so in their linked posts. Some links are affiliate links.