It’s that time of the year when there just happens to be a party around every corner. There’s nothing wrong with that, but after so many parties you definitely start to run out of ideas on what to bring over to your host or hostess. It’s 2014, but it’s still a faux pas to show up to a party empty handed!
One of the greatest hostess gifts I have ever received was a Hostess Survival Kit. It blew my mind because it was beyond thoughtful and it was so simple. Why hadn’t I thought of it?! The best part is that this type of gift will fit any budget and can be as big or as little as you want it to be – the sky is really the limit and you can tailor it to what you know your hostess will be into (example… if it’s a party for kids throw in some earplugs hehe).
- Footwear. After a party the feets are thumping. Soft socks or slippers are heaven to slip into, especially if they come with a nice foot cream.
- Aromatherapy. Isn’t this obvious? A stress reliever, relaxing… candles, bubble baths… the good stuff, not the dollar store junk.
- Food. And by food I mean food that the hostess can hide for later. It’s cool to bring a plate of something to share, but it’s even cooler to bring a plate of some really good yummies that the hostess can indulge in later after everyone goes home (read: chocolate).
- Coffee. Just because the party is at night doesn’t mean the hostess doesn’t need a little love the day after.
- Flowers. Okay.. that’s lame. I know. BUT if you happen to forget to bring a hostess gift you can always send “Thank You” flowers with a card. I don’t care who you are, getting flowers delivered is the best thing ever. I can’t even keep flowers alive past a day and I still love when they show up.
All of the above have something in common besides the fact that they’re all awesome and I’ll happily accept any if you come to a party here…. they can all be purchased at stores that will ship for FREE with a membership to ShopRunner. Right now, for a limited time, you can get your ShopRunner membership for FREE (a $79 value) when you spend $100 on one order at any of the 100+ ShopRunner partner stores. It’s almost Christmas and there are thousands of brands available. Shop at stores like Neiman Marcus and Toys R Us to get not only the free 2-day shipping but also free return shipping, member only deals, express check out and more!
On a personal note I’ve been using ShopRunner for almost a year now and it’s been a fantastic experience all around. No issues ever and when you’re logged in the 2-day shipping upgrade is automatic when you check out. Get your membership ASAP before the special offer ends. You know you need it – don’t play like you won’t spend $100+ online this year. I know you will but your secret is safe with me 😉
Shoprunner.com is the best way to shop online for the stuff you love. Visit www.shoprunner.com/2014holidayoffer to sign up! Plus, for a limited time only, make a $100 purchase at a partner store and get a 1-year membership to ShopRunner.com for free! A $79 Value!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ShopRunner. The opinions and text are all mine.