So I said to my cousin (who is leaving for her first year of college) today… “When do you start school”. IN 10 DAYS! WHAT?! Ten days this little girl leaves and in 14 days has her first official class as a college freshman. Are you kidding me?! After I was done being really sad that I’m officially beyond old I decided to make her a going away goodie bag and also share the Top 10 Drugstore Products (makeup wise) that you should be taking to school with you. I felt this was awesome to pair with drugstore products because they’re going to be readily available for you at your school (or home if you’re commuting) and also affordable. In an effort to keep my list under control I also limited it to four of my favorite drugstore brands – Milani, Maybelline, L’Oreal and Wet N Wild.
- Maybelline The Nudes Expert Wear Palette. An affordable eye shadow palette full of neutrals to
- Maybelline Color Tattoos. Any and all of them. They’re affordable and will make your eyeshadows stay all day and remain crease free. Below I swatched the six shades that launched for Spring 2014. They were limited edition and I ended up scoring them late, so I never reviewed – hence the swatching now 😉
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick. Particularly in the shade Nude Ballet. I still have to pick up a few more shades I’ve been eying. I definitely have some deeper Fall shades on my list. Any recs?
- L’Oreal Paris Visible Lift Blur Foundation. This is the drugstore answer to the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Fluid! Perfect for your daily beauty arsenal to hide freshman facial woes.
- L’Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eye Shadows. As with the Color Tattoos, any of these are awesome for keeping your shadows in place. Below I’ve swatched Purple Priority and Gilded Envy which are newer shades but there are a lot of options at the store.
- Wet N Wild 8-Pan Eyeshadow Palette. The one swatched below is also from Spring 2014 and is called Walking the Red Carpet. I love the combo of the browns and golds… even though this was a limited edition palette fear not… WNW always comes out with amazing 8-pans.. LE and perm!
- Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara. My go-to since March. Drugstore or designer, this tops all.
- Milani Bella Eyes Eye Shadows. I just finally got a completed set of these, so I haven’t’ tried them all yet, but so far I’m loving the formula, the wide variety of shades and the price! (coming soon)
- Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer. I haven’t officially posted swatches yet, but I’m loving the saturated colors from these nail polishes. For the low price you can’t beat picking up a couple to take with you. (coming soon)
- Milani Blush. They pack great pigmentation and I’ve loved every single one I’ve tried. The one pictured is Love Potion Rose Powder Blush. It was LE but the design was gorgeous and I’m really hoping they put them out again, in the same shades or new ones. I’ll buy either way!
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow:
L’Oreal Paris 24hr Infallible Eye Shadow in Gilded Envy & Purple Priority:
Wet N Wild Walking the Red Carpet 8-pan Eyeshadow Palette:
Of course, there are a lot of fabulous products and brand out there, these are just the ones that have stood out the most to me lately! What products do you think are fabulous for back-to-school?