This month Dove has announced a new partnership with A-list Hollywood Stylist Erin Walsh to bring fans sleeveless styling tips so you can show off soft, smooth underarms all Summer long.
Available in a wide variety of signature Dove fragrances, Dove Advanced Care is the only anti-perspirant/deodorant formulated with NutriumMoisture™ – a technology that is clinically proven to reduce irritation from shaving and ensure underarms are softer and smoother in just three days. The summer months are the perfect time to wear sleeveless, so enjoy the tips from Erin below!
• Your clothes will always look better if you feel beautiful and confident in them. As a fashion stylist, I know that sleeveless can often feel scary and make women feel vulnerable or exposed; however the Dove Advanced Care product line provides softer, smoother underarms in just 3 days, so that all women can feel confident going sleeveless.
• Trapeze cut shirts and dresses look great on every body type and are great for the summer season. Pair your top with a cropped pant that accentuates the smallest part of your ankle and a little heel – even 1 inch is perfect!
• Try a denim on denim look this season. No need to worry about the pieces matching – anything goes!
• An all-white look or mixed neutrals looks great on everyone. Every woman should own a nice white blouse. It’s a piece that will never go out of style, and also make you look put together.
• Dual-purpose items are perfect for the summertime. I love boxy sleeveless shirts that hit around the hip bone. They are a throwback to the ’60s, and are great to wear with a cute pair of cropped jeans or perfect to throw over a bathing suit at the beach. I am also a big fan of sleeveless shirt dresses and halter tops because they look great on everyone and can be dressed up or dressed down.
• I’m not sure there are any dos and don’ts to wearing sleeveless. You can’t dictate style to someone. It’s really more about how the individual wears an item. Every fabric hangs differently and every silhouette fits differently. When you choose a sleeveless style, it should project confidence in your body stature and posture.
• For petite women who would like to create the appearance of more broad, square shoulders, it would be better to wear a sleeveless top that highlights the collarbone. Cap sleeves can also do this for petite women. If a woman has broader shoulders, I would recommend a strapless cut.
• My summer essentials include: sunscreen, Dove Advanced Care Deodorant (I like the Nourished Beauty fragrance), and lip balm with an SPF.
• I think it is fun to experiment with sunglasses during the summer season. Sunglasses look good on anyone, and there are so many styles so you can buy them to match your personality.
• When headed to the beach, I think it is fun to pair lots of jewelry with swimwear. Some people think it can get a bit hot, but I think it’s very chic! Birkenstocks and Converse are also great options to wear to the beach.
• It’s definitely better to wear loose clothing in the summer. In addition, fabrics like silk, cotton, and linen are key for this season. It’s also important to think about undergarments, too. You don’t want to be wearing a lot of layers when it’s super-hot outside!
• Lightweight cardigans and summer scarves are my best friend during this season. I always have them with me when I am traveling. I prefer to buy them in semi-neutral colors, such as ivory.
• It can be nice to wear your hair up when you are wearing sleeveless – to show off your shoulders and arms. Whether you have your hair up or down though, it goes back to personal style and how you feel most comfortable. They key is to project confidence.
• Some classic summer staples that every woman should have in her wardrobe are: a crisp white blouse, a lightweight summer scarf (I like neutral colors), and a sundress that isn’t too tight fitting. I am also a big fan of Greek/Bohemian inspired sandals – such a fun way to add style to your look this summer season!
Do you have any tips to add for Sleeveless Summer Styling?