Press Sample/Affiliate Links
This week for Makeup Wars we’re focusing on Skin Savers.. Saviors! I’ve been mentioning Mario Badescu a bit within a few other posts (here, here & here) so I thought this would be a perfect time to formally introduce the brand to my readers. Whether you’re new to the name or are used to seeing the labels by your sink know that Mario Badescu has something for every one, works very well, and, as far as skincare goes, is really affordable.
In no particular order:
- Buffering Lotion ($17.00 for 1oz, Nordstrom). Say wha? I know. I was like wtf is buffering lotion, which just made me even more interested in trying it. This is an overnight spot treatment The bottle is small, but the product mighty. This is what I use when I get a cystic breakout on my jaw (it’s rare anymore, but sometimes it still happens!) – it’s potent and treats deep.
- Facial Spray ($7.00 for 4oz, Nordstrom). Normally I turn my nose up at a facial spray. But. This one smells amazing and feels fantastic. In the Summer I like to keep it in the fridge so when I come inside I can spritz myself in the face and cool off. Plus it makes you smell better.
- Drying Lotion ($17.00 for 1oz, Nordstrom). This heals whiteheads and pimples so fast, I generally use this for the smaller ones that crop up around my forehead (they’re small bumps, never painful or even red, just annoying).
- Hyaluronic Eye Cream ($18.00 for 0.5oz, Nordstom). I will never be without this again. It’s so thick but absorbs well! The first time I used it I scooped up a small dab (the usual size I take for an eye cream) and it was way too much. I like when an eye cream is thick like that but I don’t want to actually feel it on my face. This is perfect.
- Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 ($26.00 for 2oz, Nordstrom). I love this because it’s lightweight, doesn’t break me out and still touts an SPF of 30.
- Cucumber Tonic Mask ($18.00 for 2oz, Nordstrom). This mask has really helped my enormous pores look much smaller. Your skin feels soothed after you remove it and ready for lotion.
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel ($7.00-12.00 for 2-8oz, Nordstrom). First off, this gel smells amazing. Second it’s fantastic for removing every teeny drop of makeup and/or dirt from your face while preventing the build-up that causes blackheads and pimples. Bonus, it’s non-foaming so you can use it with the Clarisonic!
- Almond & Honey Non-Abrasive Face Scrub ($15.00 for 4oz, Nordstrom). It smells like cookies, you guys. You will want to eat your face like you’re on the rock salt (but please don’t). This leaves my skin feeling and looking just as fabulous as everyone’s favorite ExfoliKate, but at a major fraction of the price. Don’t say I never showed you a bargain 😉
- Special Cucumber Lotion ($15.00 for 8oz, Nordstrom). Like the Cucumber Tonic Mask this will help refine pore size and give a deep cleanse. I use this after my cleanser but before my night lotion.
If you’re very new to the brand and just want to start off with a few things I recommend the Hyaluronic Eye Cream, Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Cucumber Tonic Mask, Oil Free Moisturizer SPF30 and throw in the Buffering Lotion if you get the cystic stuff (if not consider the Drying Lotion). If you’re in need of a scrub then also the Almond & Honey Face Scrub, but seriously eat something before you put it on your face. There are also several $30.00 starter sets – Acne Starter, Anti-Aging, Complection Perfection, and The Regimen Kit. What are your skin savers?