Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! This week’s Makeup Wars is all about being glowy. Illuminating, if you will. Some of these help to conceal, but for the most part I like to use them to give the illusion of brightness/being awake and all “no, I don’t suffer from insomnia at all”.
In no particular order….
1. Dior Nail Glow. I can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this yet! I’ve had it for a year and am obsessed with it. Running out the door and need a mani but have no time for a mani? You can slap this on so fast and it adds a rosy tint to your nails leaving them shiny and healthy looking.
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye/Hello Light Liquid Brightener Dual End Concealer. A mouthful… but this is the real deal for hiding the evil that is the under eye area… especially after a night of St. Patrick’s Day festivities (hint hint – everyone knows you were out because of what you posted on Instagram, you can still look like a million bucks the next morning with this stuff).
3. NARSLight Reflecting Loose Setting Powder. I dust this setting powder over my face makeup to help keep it flawless throughout the day, but one of my favorite things about it is that it contains light-active micro-prisms that optically fade wrinkles, pores.. all that bad stuff. There is also a pressed form of this but reviews said that the loose gives more of a matte finish and I’m all about that. Cream wise I love the Copacabana Highlighter that I got in a Sephora VIB gift!
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. Hourglass has some excellent Ambient Lighting Powders (see Mood Glow) but my heart lies with their Ambient Lighting Blushes. I got my hands on Luminous Flush during a VIB preview, then when the shades launched I bought up the rest of them. You’ll be seeing them very soon!
5. MAC Grain Eye Shadow. This eye shadow has been my go-to highlight shade for years. If I get a palette that doesn’t have a shade to highlight or blend a crease out with (which happens way more often than I like) I always add this in.
6. Tarte Champagne. I first used this highlighter when I got the Tarte for Aqualillies Palette last year. I use it all over – cheeks, eyes, anywhere I need a bit of brightness or deflection.
7. Benefit Rockateur Powder Blush. This cheek powder is rose gold and may be highlighter only status for some, but it’s the perfect blush for me! I also enjoy using Watt’s Up and am currently working my way through a pile of sample sizes I’ve acquired!
8. Eat well. I’m really guilty of not doing this one. I just started back up (I see you coming, Summer) and it’s been refreshing. I have more energy, my skin looks better and brighter, I get more done… it’s just all around a fabulous feeling inside that radiates outward in your appearance!
In related news, check out Top 10 Items to Conceal & Correct. How do you hide your flaws/illuminate?