With the 2014 Winter Olympics over in Sochi, Russia in full effect, you may wonder how these athletes, both the men and women, primp and prep. Maybe you’re not wondering… but if you took the time to read this far you’re going to find out anyway, because I know you at least looked at the pretty picture 😉
- Stay glossy. That’s right, I said it. Glossy. Exposed lips need moisture, love and protection. Some awesome picks – Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm (a cult love of men and women and also boasts SPF 25), or, if you’re feeling a little more patriotic for the good ol’ U S of A, IT Cosmetics has News Anchor Blue. Even though it looks like the lip gloss of a smurf it goes on sheer, but has enough of a hidden tint to make your teeth appear whiter. So when you’re up there accepting that gold medal, you can really shine!
- Stay fresh. These athletes work so hard, clearly sweating up a storm. Keeping smells at a minimum is a win for yourself as well as the people around you. For women, Dove has a New Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant/Deoderant that offers 48-hour odor and wetness protection. It’s also full of ingredients known to moisturize the skin. There are several scents available, but there’s also an unscented version that the men can pick up. We won’t tell – what happens at at the Olympics, stays at the Olympics.
- Are always prepared. And the best way to be prepared is by having all of the essentials. Pinch Provisions makes mini-emergency kits for both men and women (pictured) that is stuffed full of 17 must-have items. When you’re traveling anywhere, you never know what you might need. It’s best just to have it on hand. I personally always have one of these little kits in my purse.
- Brush their hair. Olympic athletes are the best of the best. This means they’re going to be sought after for photographs. The Wet Brush is the best I’ve found for detangling wet hair fast, and it’s not huge, so it can easily be slipped into your gym bag. It works for any hair texture on men, women and children.
- Have no time for dry, discolored skin. Therefore, stock in a facial moisturizing oil is necessary. A good one is the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil (pictured) which is rich in vitamin C which keeps the skin from looking dull and will also fight against fine lines and wrinkles.
Clearly this isn’t an official list, I just like to have fun cause I’m a fun kind of gal, but the stuff mentioned would make sense living inside their duffel bags. Of course, it goes without saying that Olympians also need heavy sunscreen, creams, lots of water for that inner hydration and probably a whole lot of icy hot.
If you were headed to the Olympics as an athlete, what would you bring?