This post is also for the ladies. I don’t know how many times I’ve sat down and had no idea what to get a guy for Christmas. Sometimes the cutest idea is to go to the store, grab a stocking, and stuff it full of wrapped goodies. These goodies don’t have to be expensive (I personally like to put the one “bigger” item at the bottom and have smaller and less expensive things above).
Obviously, this has to be personalized towards the guy in your life that you’re shopping for (whether it be a husband, boyfriend, father, uncle, brother.. etc), but this will at least give you a few ideas!
- A Cologne Gift Set. This may or may not be too big for a stocking, depending on how large you go when it comes to footwear that hangs on your mantle. If you’re unsure what he’d like go with the Fragrance Sampler for Him from Sephora. It has 14 of the most sought-after men’s fragrances in a travel bag as well as a voucher for a free full size fragrance at any US Sephora store.
- I asked a few dudes what they like to get and quite a few said a shaving set/dop kit. Anthony Logistics has The Perfect Shave Kit and I know for a fact men love the products. The shave cream by itself makes a perfect addition to your mans stocking.
- Food. That’s honestly a no-brainer. Beef Jerky… sunflower or pumpkin seeds… nuts… man things. Whatever your guy likes to snack on.
- Sports Stuff. This being Pittsburgh we’re Steelers/Pirates/Penguins people, and it’s likely your guy has a hometown or college favorite as well. Roll up a t-shirt or even a pair of socks. Guys appreciate it if they think we love that they love sports.
- Tech Gear. Maybe he needs a decent phone case or a car charger. Some sort of accessory he’s always whining he needs to pick up but never does. If he’s pretty good about grabbing what he needs an iTunes gift card will work as well. No guy says no to jams.
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm. These are a cult fave for men and women alike. Get him a couple, you know you’ll probably steal it anyway.
- Jack Black Body Rehab Scrub & Muscle Soak. He works hard, he plays hard… he’s probably
cryinggrumbling about how he’s sore… he can go soak in the tub and scrub up. This helps him and you because then he’s all yummy when he comes out.
- Please get that man a good pair of toe nail clippers. He’ll never do it for himself and if he’s big into flip flops in the Summer you’ll do the world a favor. Tweezerman has a combo set and it’s only 9 bucks.
- Car Things. Air freshener (which saves you having to sniff whatever groady man scent he thinks is amazing), small ice scraper, de-icer (you wouldn’t believe how often I’ve needed that crap in the winter).
- IOU Book. The least expensive of them all…. Keep the certificates as G-rated as doing his laundry or go as raunchy as whatever. Everyone in the world appreciates these.
You can also theme it! Not too far from where I live is an awesome ski resort.. if you have one within driving distance you can always get a weekend ski package for at the bottom of the stocking and fill up the rest with things like chapstick, a winter hat, scarf, kleenex, travel shampoo… he’ll clearly think you’ve lost it until he hits the trip at the bottom, but how fun!
Tell me how you surprised that special someone in your life during the holidays in the comments! And be sure to check out the other bloggers Top 10 Stocking Stuffer ideas below!