Press Sample/Affiliate Links
I know nothing about the Mortal Instruments series that this set is inspired by. Now that we have that confession out of the way, here is a better one… because of The Parallel Worlds Box ($25.00) from NYX I totally want to learn more about the series – both the books and the film!
What NYX Cosmetics says about The Parallel Worlds Box:
The NYX Parallel Worlds Box is Dark, Mysterious, and Dangerous. Venture into this new collection inspired by The Mortal Instruments. Includes a 6 color smokey palette, the perfect pink blush, a neutral pink matte lip cream, black liquid liner, a vibrant jumbo eye pencil, and volumizing mascara. Everything you need to create an innocent day look inspired by Clary or a sultry night look inspired by Isabel.
As you unwrap the outer cover the interior will show you everything that is inside the box as well as give you the ingredients of each item.
After you lift the lid there is a small booklet that offers a few examples of looks.
Now to the goodies! A black drawstring pouch rests inside, filled with everything you’ll need to create your Parallel Worlds look.
Included in this collection are:
- The Smokey Shadow Palette – which pretty much speaks for itself, though I was impressed I was able to use this more naturally, with the option to really deepen and smoke it out as the day turned into evening. The first four shades swatch a little chalky, but are improved by leaps and bounds when paired with the included Jumbo Eye Pencil.
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul – love this product, hate the color. It’s totally not me… a playboy type of pink. I didn’t think it matched well with the set either… I’d have went more nude… but what do I know, I’ve never seen the movie lol. Formula wise it had a nice pigment and was opaque. A little drying but not unbearable.
- Boudoir Mascara Collection – Le Frou Frou – a decent mascara for length but not as much drama as I’d have expected. No clumping, though, which is a major plus in my book.
- Powder Blush in Pinched – this blush is crazy pigmented! I used it lightly and still had to brush some powder over-top so that I wouldn’t get public stare-downs. A beautiful flush of color when used correctly and it didn’t fade all day.
- Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black – a totally deep black, completely opaque in one swipe. The brush is a little long so it’s harder to control (I prefer that pointed sponge tip applicator) but it lasted all day.
- Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere – this is gorgeous and really made the Smokey Shadow Palette come alive. When used alone I did get some creasing after a few hours, so I recommend a secondary primer.
(L-R: Smokey Shadow Palette (swatched dry with no primer), Pinched Powder Blush, Istanbul Soft Matte Lip Creme, Cashmere Jumbo Eye Pencil and Extreme Black Studio Liquid Liner)
For the FOTD below I used all of the products in the NYX The Parallel Worlds Box. Other than the lip, I loved how the look came together!