I love Top 10 Tuesdays… it gives me a chance to essentially shop my stash and show off my favorite products from sometimes many years past. It’s like when you look at pics of yourself with friends from years ago and remember the good ol’ days!
A lot of these on my list of Gold Eyeshadows to Lust Over are long gone… no longer available to purchase unless you get lucky on a swapping site or evil-bay. However, some are perm or recently launched… so act fast 😉
- Maybelline Shady Shores Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream-Gel Shadow – this was from Summer 2013. Shady Shores is very much a sunshine gold with an ever so slight duochrome. This product in any shade is amazing for holding your eye look perfectly all day long.
- L’Oreal Eternal Sunshine 24hr Infallible Eye Shadow – a more metallic, shimmery gold – this one stays vivid and will also keep your eye look going strong all day.
- Chanel Apparence Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow – I actually chose this for my Makeup Wars favorite holiday metallic as well. This is more of a demure, sheer gold while still being shimmery. This formula is also fabulous as a base for all day wear.
- Chanel Lucky Stripes Iridescent Powders for Eyes and Cheeks – Oh, you thought this was only for your cheeks? No, sir. I actually like to wear these shades even more on my eyes (if you click the link you’ll see photo evidence of this)!! You probably also saw me feature this one in the Top 10 Tuesday Get Your Glow On and Makeup Wars My Most Expensive Face.
- Chanel Topkapi Quadra Eye Shadow Palette – This is from Fall 2011 and is a super sexy and lust-worthy quad from Chanel. Lots of sultry brows and taupes and an over the top hawt gold. Proving all quads are not created equal.
- Dior Mordore Diorshow Mono Eyeshadow – This is a recent one and launched with Fall 2013. It’s probably the best bronzy gold out there, but, as you’ll see from the rest of my list, Dior knows how to do golds and do them very well.
- Dior Golden Savannah 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow – Maybe more towards the khaki-gold side of the spectrum, this palette has some amazing golden bronzed and olive shades. I love it because it brings out the very (and I’m talking very) minute flecks of green that hint at my eyes. Golden Savannah was released with Fall 2012.
- Dior Couture Golds 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow – Couture Golds contains a gold from every end of the spectrum – from a white gold to a deep brown with golden flecks. It truly makes that perfect holiday eye. Which is fitting, since this palette was released with the Holiday 2011 Collection.
- Dior Five Golds 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow – I believe this was from Holiday 2010 (omg… it’s amazing to me I am that much of a hoarder… I just love my golds!). This is the Dior palette that started it all for me… it began my Dior Golds Obsession. Can you blame me?
- MAC Bare My Soul Eye Shadow x 4 – Bare My Soul is recent from Summer 2013. It’s not a palette you’d immediately think of when you think “gold” but the shade this quad is named for, Bare My Soul, is a fabulous gold shade (very impressive for a lustre finish) and the whole eye look will just blow your mind.
I hope you enjoyed my Top 10 Gold Eyeshadows to Lust Over! Check out the Golds the other bloggers love and be sure to tell us what your faves are!