When Too Faced launched their Spring 2013 collection everyone’s eyes were immediately drawn to the Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush, instead of focusing on the usual centerpiece – the Eye Shadow Collection. With five brand new shades, Boudoir Eyes commands attention by promising to be sexy and soft at the same time.
What the Sephora website says about the Boudoir Eyes Soft & Sexy Eye Shadow Collection:
What it is:
A handpicked collection of eye shadows to create looks for the bedroom and beyond.
What it does:
This handpicked collection of eye shadows offers boudoir-worthy colors including five new shades just for this palette for a total of nine soft and sexy colors. Created with high concentrations of color, what you see is what you get: pigment-rich shades with a brilliant finish. As with all Too Faced palettes, a show-and-tell centerfold Glamour Guide is included to give you instructions on creating three Boudoir Eyes looks.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product is 100% cruelty-free.
As with most palettes from Too Faced this set is portable and an excellent value. I do love that these shadows are housed in a metal tin, however I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t a mirror included.
The collection comes with a card featuring three step-by-step get the looks. Below are the swatches and eye looks for this palette. Each EOTD was done by following the instructions on the card. The mascara used in each look was MAC Plushlash, and Neutrogena Spiced Chocolate Nourishing Eye Liner was used in the day look.
- In the Buff is a matte vanilla
- Fuzzy Handcuffs is a satin purple tinted peach
- Voulez-Vous is a lightly shimmered deep purple
- Satin Sheets is a pale pink with golden shimmer
- Sugar Walls is a shimmery taupe
- Garter Belt is a satin grey
- Birthday Suit is a light, almost sheer shimmery tan
- Lap Dance is a deep lilac shimmer
- French Tickler is a velvet blackened eggplant with a small amount of micro glitter