Urban Decay is well known for their quality eye shadows, which only makes their palette releases that much more desirable. The latest is The Vice Palette, which contains 20 eye shadows and a double sided brush (thankfully, not Zero eye liner! You can never have enough brushes!).
What the Sephora website has to say about the Urban Decay Vice Palette:
What it is:
A sophisticated palette all about eye shadow featuring 20 new Urban Decay shades, created exclusively for this collection.
What it does:
We understand, the thought of 20 new shades makes you tremble with excitement. This decadent collection of shades has a mix of mattes, satins, shimmers, neutrals, and brights, offering a lot of something for everyone. From breathtaking gold to shimmery green to jet black satin, every shade contains Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendabilitly. This sleek purple case is beautifully minimal and classic. Press to open and the dampened hinge slowly treats you to a glimpse of the booty inside. The palette also includes a large mirror and double-ended Good Karma Shadow and Crease Brush.
This set contains:
- 20 x 0.03 oz Eyeshadow in: Desperation (greyish taupe brown matte-satin), Muse (dark reddish brown w/ golden and multi shimmer), Jagged (matte black base w/gold metallic), Blitz (Bright gold metallic), Penny Lane (bronze metallic w/gold glitter), Junkie (dark green-blue w/ gold shimmer), Chaos (vibrant royal blue w/ very subtle shimmer), Unhinged (electric turquoise blue metallic), Occupy (dark grey-blue metallic), Black Market (dark charcoal black matte-satin), Provocateur (light greyish pink w/lots of multi-glitter), Rapture (dark greyish purple w/multi-shimmer), Vice (dark eggplant w/subtle red shimmer), Noise (dark reddish-pink metallic with big gold glitter), Armor (greyish brown metallic w/ silver micro-glitter), Nevermind (light taupe-brown shimmer), Echo Beach (light wheat-champagne shimmer), Anonymous (light whitish-pink nude matte), Freebird (light peachy-pink w/ silver micro-glitter), Laced (pinky-taupe matte)
- Double sided brush
- Desperation is a deep taupe with a satin finish
- Muse is a chocolate brown with multi-colored shimmers
- Jagged is a gritty olive shade with multi-colored & gold sparkle
- Blitz is a yellow gold with a strong sheen
- Penny Lane is a brassy copper (like a new penny!)
- Junkie is teal with a shimmer
- Chaos is a dry, matte cobalt blue
- Occupy is grey with multi-colored shimmer, almost looks like a hint of blue in there too
- Unhinged is a metallic turquoise
- Black Market is a deep black shade with a luxe and pigmented finish
- Provocateur is a gritty lilac sparkle
- Rapture is a grey-toned purple with multi-colored shimmers
- Vice is a vibrant purple with shimmer
- Noise is an electric hot pink metallic
- Armor is a platinum silver metallic
- Nevermind is a medium brown with shimmer
- Echo Beach is a metallic ecru champagne with shimmer
- Anonymous is a matte ivory
- Freebird is an icy frost pink
- Laced is a matte mauve
This palette was a blast to play with. You can use Vice to create a variety of neutral looks, as well as a plethora of vibrant and loud looks. I found a lot of fall out happened with shades such as Jagged, Provocateur and Occupy, as they were the grittiest of the bunch. Noise was the only one that felt like it was on the dry side when I used it. It needed some pressure and layering to appear smooth and even.
Look 1 – Lid = Nevermind; Crease = Provocateur; Outer V = Rapture; Inner Corner/Highlight = Echo Beach; Liner = Urban Decay Stray Dog, Mascara = Plushlash