Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a carefree, youthful style to complement the patterned turban-like head scarves at the Spring 2013 Marc by Marc Jacobs show last night. The loose, playful updo was without real shape, as if each girl had quickly pinned it up herself.
“This is a very easy, simple hairstyle. We wrapped these bright fabrics around the head, and then pinned the hair up into a very messy chignon. It feels very young, lighthearted and nonchalant. It’s a mix of inspiration from the 70s and 80s and almost has a punky feel to it.”
-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
- Start with damp hair and spray guts 10 root targeted spray foam throughout, this will give it some texture and ensure that when it’s pinned up, it will stay.
- Rough dry hair brushing straight back with a boar-bristle brush.
- Wrap fabric headband around head tying at the nape of the neck.
- Gather hair into a loose ponytail and secure with elastic 4 inches from the ends of the hair.
- Fold the loose ponytail up into a messy chignon and pin with open fasteners
- Mist entire style with fashion work 12 versatile working spray.