For this chic Fall mini-collection, MAC collaborated with Carine Roitfeld to create a collection centered around the smoky eye, of which she is known for.
Two Full Face Kits launched within this collection in Jungle Camouflage and today’s post of Desert Camouflage.
What the MAC website has to say about the Desert Camouflage Palette:
Get sultry smoky eyes with wisps of drama in Carine’s Desert Camouflage compact. Features: Sahara Dust, Cactus Thorn, Desert and Carbon Eye Shadows complemented by the sheer, soft bronze of Sand Storm Cremeblend Blush. Limited edition.
Desert Camouflage is a palette that is considered a “Full Face Kit” that contains a quad of shadows that work nicely together and a coordinating blush.
* Sahara DustLight neutral beige (satin). You can barely see it on my arm, but it’s excellent to use as a highlight and for the inner corners of the eye.
* Cactus ThornMid-tone brown bronze (frost). This almost reminds me of a more pigmented Patina. So beautiful!
* DesertShimmering warm taupe (satin). It’s a taupe. Need I say more? It applied a lot easier than I would have expected from a satin finish (normally I’m not a fan of those on my eyes) but this wasn’t as powdery or dry.
* CarbonIntense black (matte). I think I’m probably the only makeup lover in the free world that isn’t a fan of Carbon. I freaking hate it. It doesn’t blend for crap and, IMO, is worthless when used dry. Except in this palette. It FITS with the other colors and molds into them.
* Sand StormSoft sheer warm caramel. This is a cremeblend blush. I’m generally not a fan of that formula. I find it tacky (as in sticky) and not the best to blend. This particular shade wasn’t too bad, a little too orange-y for me and you had to layer for decent color. I wish there would have been a powder blush in there… Eversun Beauty Powder Blush would have been nice to see!
Packaging wise, it’s flat, matte and black with the insignias also black, but shiny. I really like it. The usual MAC with a twist! The shadows slide out to reveal the blush underneath and there is also a mirror included in the compact. MAC did this before with Holiday, and I do love this style.
These shadow shades don’t swatch on the arm for crap, but omg are they awesome to apply on the eye. The cremeblend blush swatches nicely, but doesn’t apply well on the face. Even-so, I think it makes a fun and slightly updated neutral/smoky look for Fall.
For this FOTD I used the following:
* Bobbi Brown BB Cream in Fair
* Lancome Dual Finish Powder
* Dior DiorShow Brow Styler
* Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
* Urban Decay Primer Potion
* MAC Desert Camouflage Full Face Kit (Desert on the lid, Cactus Thorn above the crease & below the lower outer lash line, Carbon in the outer V, Sahara Dust at the inner corners and to highlight. Sand Storm used on the cheeks).
* Make Up For Ever 0L Mat Black Aqua Eyes
* Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara
* MAC Tropical Mist Lipstick (to be reviewed)
For more information, please see the Official Press Release.