For the past few days I’ve shown a few of the products from the three part Summer 2012MAC Hey, Sailor! Collection. This post is going to serve as the culmination of all of those posts by showing off two of the eye shadows in an eye look, as well as a face of the day look using all products that I’ve been swatching here from the Hey, Sailor! line.
The eye shadows that will be shown in this post are Crystal Avalanche, and Nautical Navy.
What the MAC website has to say about Hey, Sailor! Eye Shadow:
Highly pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well. Packaged in blue and white stripes, it’s a match to everything Hey, Sailor! Limited edition.
1.5 g / .05 US oz
Crystal Avalanche is described as white with reflects and is a veluxe pearl. On me, this is a majorly frosty white shadow. It reminds me of putting fresh snow on your eye lids, minus the melting. This is a great shade to use at the inner corners of the eye.
Nautical Navy is described simply as blue and has a satin finish. I found this one kind of rough to work with. I think it will be used best wet as a liner. There is a bit of shimmer and I was able to pack it on rather well with a stiff brush (MAC 239), but it takes some work to make sure it’s even. In the look below I placed it over Crystal Avalanche so that it would blend out a little better and not be as temperamental.
This duo of shadows was okay. Crystal Avalanche has awesome pigment, whereas Nautical Navy needed some savvy maneuvering. I was happy with the look that I did with the two shades, but for a simple look it really took some fussing!
Now, on to the MAC Hey, Sailor! Eye Look and FOTD break down!
Products used to create this look:
* 3LAB ‘Perfect’ BB Cream in #02
* Lancome Dual Finish Powder in Matte Bisque II
* Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer & Brightener (I use this to blend the concealer)
* Urban Decay Primer Potion
* MAC Crystal Avalanche Eye Shadow all over the lid up to the brow & MAC Nautical Navy Eye Shadow in the crease and outer V, then blended in all through the lid. A bit of Nautical Navy was also placed under the lower eye liner.
* MAC Emerald Sea Powerpoint Eye Pencil on the lower waterline
* MAC Plushlash Mascara in Plush Black
* Anastasia Brunette Beauty Express for Brows & Eyes
* MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Saunter
* MAC To Catch a Sailor Lipstick
* MAC Blessedly Rich Lipglass
For more information on this collection, please see the Official Press Release.
MAC Hey, Sailor Eye Shadows retail for $16.00 and are available at your local MAC Counter or Store, as well as at maccosmetics.com. Nautical Navy is Limited Edition, but Crystal Avalanche is a permanent shade and can be purchased any time in the regular MAC packaging.